1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whats the best low profile full led lightbar??

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by tojay22, Nov 18, 2007.

1. tojay22

tojay22 Member

i want to get a full size low profile led lightbar with take downs and ally lights but dont want to spend 2000. i really want whelens new lfl but they want an arm and a leg for it. any suggestions?
  2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

well for 200 hundred you are not going to get much. look on ebay and you can find something nice for 200.
  3. Eclipse

Eclipse Senior Member

Full size LED for cheap - used is your only option. $700-$900 will probably get you into something.
  4. Tractor Plower

Tractor Plower Senior Member

Whelen Edge and Liberty are both great bars. Very expensive, though.
  5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Check into: www.whackerusa.com

The Verve lightbar is about $650 includes arrowstick, controller, alley lights, takedowns, etc. and is pretty bright. My city car has the Inciters in the back window and they are very, very bright.:D
  6. Doghouse2

Doghouse2 Junior Member

My buddy is a dealer for those guys. They have some pretty good stuff. I have the traffic cleaners on my truck. Way brighter than Whelen linear.
  7. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Tojay, your signature shows WELL over $100,000 in equipment. Whats another $2000???? I have a 54" Whelen Liberty Full LED Lightbar with Takedowns and Alleys, and even more on the truck. I might be able to get you a better price on the bar. Let me know what size and configuration and I will see what I can do for you.
  8. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

The 911EP Galaxy is the lowest profile LED bar on the market today. I have a lightly used one available. If interested, PM me.
  9. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

Actually tomars blade is the lowest profile bar now, it's under 2" vs galaxy at 2.25" but there pretty spendy. I like my millennium bar, which is the galaxy's predecessor, but I don't have any experience with tomars blade so I couldnt tell you anything about its preformance, but the galaxy bars are pretty good.
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  10. mkozlu77

mkozlu77 Junior Member
    from chicago

The best LED lightbars

11. midwestsnowguy

midwestsnowguy Member
    from midwest

Best low profile led lightbar

Lookat www.soundoffsignal.com. I have installed these on wrecker trucks and customers are very PLEASED. If interested, it is Christmas time and I will make you a deal.
    Call 231 737-1050.
  12. Eclipse

Eclipse Senior Member

Although I am a fan of Sound Off's ETL 5000 it is not very low profile as compared to many of the other LED bars available..
  13. xeonpro

xeonpro Member

I also have a 54" Whelen LFL LED, Fully loaded w/ alleys and t/ds used as rear work lights $1624 shipped
  14. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Nice truck and liberty. It looks a little sloped backwards though???
  15. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

sho-me led lo pro mini light bars are really good i have one on my tractor works wicked good
  16. xeonpro

xeonpro Member

It is slightly sloped...but no where near how it appears in that picture.
    iirc, whelen sells a kit to fix that. but you dont ever notice it, especially with the plow on the front....