1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What's the best Bluetooth headset?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DodgeRam1996, Apr 22, 2012.

1. DodgeRam1996

DodgeRam1996 Senior Member

Does anyone use a bluetooth headset (not earbud)? I'm just wondering which headset works the best, these things are pricey. Seems like a lot of the 5 star reviews are fake, I'd like to hear from someone who uses one.

Two popular examples:

VXI BlueParrott Roadwarrior B250-XT Bluetooth Wireless Headset
    Zelher P20

2. sealer700

sealer700 Junior Member

Buy a radio with bluetooth. ABC Warehouse or someone comparable. Its cheaper than some bluetooths and works through your vehicle speakers.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I love my Blue Parrot works well in noisy environments. I don't have to wind up the window or turn down the radio. I've used in the shop next to techs using impact tools without issue.

4. DodgeRam1996

Which model do you have? How does it fit?

Thanks

5. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

does anyone know where to get batteries for my blue parrot, i've tried the maunafacturer but no help

6. mike ward

mike ward Member

The upper level plantronics are GREAT. They are close to $100 but well worth it. I think Best Buy has them. Two day battery life under "normal " conditions but I charge every night.

7. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

I drive a tractor trailer and use a Blue Parrot and its the only thing I will use. It cancels out all noise except for your voice and you can hear perfect. I bought it in Feb on Bestbuy.com for $80. My wife tried it and bought her one the next week.

8. dm5.9

dm5.9 Member

Jaw Bone Hands down, I have the era and its great, uses military noise cancellation and it just flat out works. It also lets you control apps and other things with the headset.

9. DodgeRam1996

Does it have an ear bud (the piece that goes in your ear), or is it a headset style (sits outside the ear)?

Thanks

10. DodgeRam1996

Which model? I think the new one has is a BT-250XT+, the reviews are mixed on which is better.

11. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Mine is BT-250XT. Absolutly no complaints about it. Not sure what the other model offers compared to this one.

12. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I use 9And like) a Blue tooth earbud by Motorola works for over 24 hours ~ $60.