1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats the best bang for the buck on a $100 budget?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by rm25x, Oct 7, 2009.

1. rm25x

rm25x Member

Looking for an inexpensive light bar for my truck. Whats the best bang for the buck? Have $100 to spend on one. I don't plow with the truck, its for when its pulling the trailer and parked. What would you buy?
    Thanks in advance for your help.
  2. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

since your not plowing with the truck,why not concentrate on making the trailer visible. put 3M reflective tape on it, upgrade to LED's, and place a cheap single strobe on the up higher on the rear "driver" side.

3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Why even waste the money on a light period. When your parked just put your 4-ways on. If I was on a quad I would want people to notice me instead of a truck with a flashing light with nobody in it. Not being a jerk but I wouldn't bother.
  4. bean7654

bean7654 Member

I bought a cheap one for now for $15 at harbor freight. Not sure if you have one where you are.
  5. Shortstuff

Shortstuff Member

This is what I got and I got it here.

6. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

7. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Brian, he probably doesn't want to come back to his truck and find a car parked in it, hence the light.
  8. rm25x

rm25x Member

Right. I will also use it for lawn care next season when I am parked on the side of a busy road as well.

I have added extra marker lamps and reflective tape to the trailer.

I have also added flashing lights on the ATV as well.

I have one of the harbor freight lights, paid $7.99 on sale and I still think I overpaid for it... Not very bright.
  9. rm25x

rm25x Member

10. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

no problem,, thats what forums are for:D
  11. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

speed tech is a good company to get lights from not to much $ and there when you need help i got my lights from them
  12. DakotaDarron

DakotaDarron Member

look into a STAR double rotator bar should be around 100 bucks ... great little bar I got one on my 250
  13. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

I've got around 5 STAR double rotator's. Specifically 'aerostar.' They are made in Avon, NY. I just bought a mini star bar, strobe bar, 20 flash patterns for my loader. Check them out, www.star1889.com *The Aerostar's have 2 gear ratio's. 80, and 160. I've got mostly 160 RPM ratio's in mine, if it comes with an 80, you can buy the 160 gear.* Can get a video if needed.

BRENTMAN Senior Member

I just got my Raven (from SpeedTechLights.com) today...works like a charm, and actually bright as heII during the day for what its worth. $87.00 out the door. Its even bigger than I thought it would be, and the magnet mounts are very strong, plugs right into cig lighter with an on/off switch.

I'm happy about it for now. We'll see how long it lasts.
    I'm very weary about leaving on the truck the whole time, dont know how well it would hold up against all the weather and cold temps.

Heres the link:

15. HEStufrthnnails

HEStufrthnnails Senior Member

Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it. I've gotta put one on a truck. I really like the speed tech. Also the strobes that star has but are they pricey?
  16. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I got a Code3 Stilleto and Code3 dash light. Can't think of the names right now. But they are for the same purpose as you are using yours for. I'll also be putting some LIN or TIR lights on the back of my trailer for the summer. But thats not for a while yet.
  17. vamootsman

vamootsman Senior Member

What Light are you referring to? The link goes to the main page.
  18. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

i just bought 2 more of the speedtech mini's. cant beat them for the price. the magnets are super strong. i ordered them monday and were dropped of to me today.
  19. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

The Raven has flew the coop.:realmad:

This link worked last week but no longer does. They don't even have the halogen rotator on their website at all. I emailed them to ask if they stopped offering the Raven. This is the response I received today:

We appreciate your interest in our products and hope that we can provide you with all the information you are requesting. We do apologize but yes the Raven has been discontinued for remodel that is to be out in about 6mo.
  20. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

i must have bought the last 2 lol