1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What's the average price of a used plow?

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by cchardwick, Feb 16, 2005.

1. cchardwick

cchardwick Junior Member

What do you guys think is a resonable price for a used plow? What is the average?
  2. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

what time of year? What kind of plow? straight or v? How big is the plow? I would say a straight 7'6" plow would range $1000-1500 or maybe more if it is barely used. Bottom line, they are only worth what someone is willing to pay.
    If you are looking to sell one now, don't expect as much as you would have gotten in Nov or Dec. If you are looking to buy, wait till winter is over or buy now if your area hasn't gotten much snow. There may be some deals in your area from hungry snow plow jockeys that don't know that you just can't count on snow all the time.
  3. cchardwick

cchardwick Junior Member

I need a plow now (I think...)

I live in Denver and plan on moving up in the mountains next month. They get a lot more snow up there but not really sure how much because it really depends on elevation. We went up to see the house a couple weeks ago and I was afraid to even drive down the driveway because there was so much snow. Since then I've bought some top of the line snow tires (BF Goodrich All Terran) and I think I may be able to get in and out of the driveway now. It was probaby two feet deep when we went up last. I've been looking all over and since we are still getting snow in the mountains, there are no used plows for sale in our area. New ones are way too expensive for my old truck. I may wait until spring to get my plow and drive like a maniac to get out of my driveway for now. Hopefully we won't get like four feet of snow!

I've been looking at new plows here and I really like the looks of the Sno-Way Clear Poly plows. I found one company that has them brand new, installed / tax included (8' blade) for $4379.62. Do you think that's a good price?