1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What's That Falling!?!?!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by MIAWPUKEK, Jan 10, 2006.

1. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

Listen to this.....I woke up this morning to find this strange white stuff all over the ground and our vehicles. Believe it or not, it was falling from the sky! I kept falling all morning until about noon, then it stopped. The natives in this area call it "SNOUGH". not sure of the spelling. Apparently they get that here from time to time. Huh, first time I saw it this year.:confused:

2. chesterlawn

chesterlawn Member

I think i heard about that stuff to.Rumor has it ,it used to happen now and then in the winter.Good luck.

3. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Yes you are correct...although the proper spelling would be "snow". Snow used to fall on a quite regular basis some years ago... unfortunately this weather event is becoming more and more of a thing of the past... soon it will be nothing more than a legend like the Edsel...

4. Snow Picasso

Snow Picasso Senior Member

Be WERY, WERY CAREFUL!!! (as are pal Elmer Fudd would put it!)Don't play or stay outside in that stuff for too long!! I hear it's VERY ADDICTING!! That can't be good for your health! I think I actually seen some of that stuff a long,long time ago! PicassSnow :salute:

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Those big yellow,red or white things that look like dozer blades that you see sitting in driveways are called snow plows.They are used to move snow around and make piles. They are not really meant to be sitting in one place for so long.

6. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

7. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

Ohhhhhh, I thought they were funny looking lawn ornaments.:dizzy:

8. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

i have 2 of those so called "snow plows" now i know what they are used for. next time it. if it ever snows again ill be sure to push snow into piles with them:drinkup:

9. MickiRig1

The weather man tonight said with glee:
    "We are ontrack to have the least Snow-est January on record"
    Why are they so happy it's not snowing? Is snow bad? Is snow-est a word?

10. watchamakalit

watchamakalit Member

Can some one post pics of this so called "snough"? I haven't seen it in so long not sure what it is.:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

11. paponte

paponte Senior Member

At least someone is getting it. Anyway to email everyone some? Gonna have to park the trucks around the pool again and pray for lake effect? :cry:

12. BRAAAP

BRAAAP Senior Member

Does NY get snow? 1 plow so far in DEC.:(

13. MickiRig1

I have heard that legend has it, that if lake effect snow is falling at all, Watertown NY is getting it. A City called Cleveland and the area around it used to get lake effect snow but it's not happened in at least a month or more?

14. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

snow?? is that like rain but colder or something like that. its raining here now :realmad: