1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whats snowblower new

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sbvfd592, Jul 23, 2002.

1. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 Banned

ok i know there are alot of snowblower threads but i was wondering if there was anything new to come for the 02-03 season and if any of you have pics of ther snowblowers i was just givan a honda has traks its a big unit gess it will be a new toy to play with this year and the new truck idk what kind of plow yet.:drinkup: i gess i will put some lights on the new honda i have to do a non lit path this year in woods like ony 25 ft long so peps can get to a delie at the end of my old street anyone know where to get cheep driveing lights?
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2002
  2. GLS

GLS Senior Member

Sorry, I don't know of any new snowblowers, just had a question for ya...Is that honda a hydro? I used a big hydrostatic honda snowblower last season and loved it. It is nice having an infinately adjustable speed control, like hydro mowers have.
  3. Mountie

Mountie Junior Member

Snowblowers, Truck mounted

Looking for anyone with experience using the various truck mounted snowblowers- Hanson, etc. Have my own businesses to do with limited room for pushing snow. Seems blowers would be the answer??
  4. GreginAlaska

GreginAlaska Junior Member
    from Alaska

I've never used one, but a friend of mine who does snowplowing got a hanson truck mount snowblower when Tesoro Petroleum had an equipment auction. The machine has 7 hours on it and looks brand new...he got it for $1600.00 He stole that thing and if I would have known they had one for auction I would have bid a few grand for it.

Oh well, I'm glad somebody gets good deals
  5. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Welcome aboard Greg :waving:

6. Mountie

Mountie Junior Member

Hi Greg, thanks for the info- I'd like to know someone who uses the Hanson- $7300 is a lot of $$ if it's not up to the ads!
  7. GreginAlaska

from Alaska

Thanks Chuck and Mountie!

Mountie, We should be getting snow here by the middle or end of october and I'll report what Jim thinks of his Hanson...in fact I'm sure he'll let me try it out, we swap equipment back and forth quite often.
  8. Mountie

Mountie Junior Member

OK, thanks for the reply- if we buy a Hanson or other unit, we'll post the results. If you know of any others to consider, I'd appreciate the mfr's name. Western used to build one but I can't seem to find it on their site.
  9. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry, can't help you. I'm not fluent in foreign dialects and writing styles.
  10. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

Not to restart the bickering on a previous (now locked) thread, but I think your tag line says it all !!!
  11. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I only made it half way through before I ran out of breath!:eek:
  12. GreginAlaska

from Alaska

Well, Jims Hanson worked great but he wouldn't try it until we had a layer of ice over the gravel driveways around here. It wasn't as fast as plowing but it would be great in a place where you didn't have a lot of room to push but you did have a place to blow.

I'll post this link to a guy who is building a truck mount blower and selling for less than Hanson.

I hope the mods don't get mad because I posted this so many times.

13. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

Re: Re: whats snowblower new

This guy's mentality....
    Abbreviate whenever possible, and then some.
    NEVER, EVER, look back.

14. thannigan

thannigan Member

I guess you didn't see my post about reverse lights. Under that topic we covered all types of utility lights. Talk to me next time you see me, but I'de say that you could pick them up at medallions in Port Chester, Wal-Mart, NAPA, Cabelas, and anywhere else that sells autoparts. :gunsfiring: