1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats on your repair/to do list!?? Tomorrows the first day of fall.....

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by trqjnky, Sep 21, 2011.

1. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

Im getting amped up for some snow! Getting all my equipment brought from the house to the shop for servicing and repair. dont wanna be caught with my pants down when the snow starts flying.

Sander...
    Make backup spreader drive chains
    change oil and new spark plug

9ft western plow
    new cutting edge and adjust rubber scrapers on the wings
    repair sloppy pivot point
    scrape flaking paint off mount brackets and repaint

Skidloader
    repair leak on radiator
    replace fuel sending unit

2. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Sup man,I got the usual stuff to do like change the fluid,but my spreader could use a new paint job, plow needs to be re skinned, today since its raining I think Ill take the electrical connections off the solenoid and battery and clean them up

3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Too much! I'm finally getting our loader serviced and looked at for the few issues it had, serviced the skid steer last week but now has an alarm going off, pulling v box out and cleaning it up and testing everything, wiring up the 05 for a v box, getting a new plow on today, get other plows serviced in the next couple weeks, servicing snow blower's, ordering new shovel's soon and last but not least getting new tires on one truck. All that while mowing 5 days a week and getting ready for fall clean ups and giving bids. I think its going to be an early winter here.

4. ELEproducts.com

ELEproducts.com Inactive

Hello everyone. New here. Just wanted to talk with some people and learn what they are doing about plugging their trucks in for cold weather starting. Timers and extension cords? This could be on someones to-do-list?

5. Andrew010

Andrew010 Senior Member

I've managed to get most of my "to-do list" finished.

I've changed oil in my plow, replaced the worn pivot bolts, new cutting edge and backdrag edge, got the cab and snowblower on the tractor, put new work lights on the front of the cab, changed oil in the snowblower gearbox, and replaced a leaking axle seal on the tractor.

I still need to, weld up the skid shoes on the snowblower, put work lights on the rear of the cab, replace the back window on the cab, replace the blade guides on my snow plow, and wait for the white stuff to fall.

I'm sure there's a few more things I'm forgetting.