1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whats old man winter got in store for us this winter?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by WHITE=GREEN, Sep 22, 2002.

1. WHITE=GREEN

WHITE=GREEN Senior Member

this is the time of year that everyone i know feels they have to tell me that they heard we are supposed to have a bad winter this year. just wondering what you guys are hearing for the 02/03 winter season forecast for your areas. the only relation i can make for the northeast is that the last time we had as dry and hot of a summer as we had this year was 95/96, and that was the year, if my memory serves me well, we got hammered several times along with the 30"+ blizzard. lets all cross our fingers that old man winter treats us well this winter season, he owes us big time!!!

2. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

Last edited: Sep 22, 2002
  3. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Well... given last years NOAA prediction and how THAT turned out, I should guess we've got lots of blizzards coming this season.....

4. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

I'll say it every time the question of blizzards comes up--All I want this winter is 10' of snow, two inches at a time. :D

And this year I'm not even going to read a long term forcast. It's a waste of my time. :mad:

5. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

I feel about the same way, haven't even bothered to look for a long term out look on the net yet.

Geoff

6. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

what I have seen has pointed to warmer with more precip.I hope we get more then a few strip teases, I need $$ for new mowing equiptment[​IMG]

~NaTe

7. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Summers over
    Falls Here
    Now make those darn leaves fall, fall, fall off the trees
    and wake up old man winter.

Im ready to plow more than ever.

I need to be relieved from the "no snow" stress that we have all been experiencing due to the lack of winter last year.

Jay

8. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

Here's Gary Gray's prediction!

oops it didn't all fit!
    the top first color is less than +20%,next +10 to 20%, than +5 to 10%, black is -5to +5% down to red at less than -20%

no1.gif

Last edited: Oct 14, 2002
  9. plowed

plowed Senior Member

I guess we'll know in the northeast what winter will be like if Dunkin Donuts runs the plow guys commercials again!

Remember them from last year...one flake and about a dozen plow trucks all fightin' to get it!

-John

10. TurfPlus

TurfPlus Senior Member

I'm not sure what long range forcast to believe anymore. All I know is the weather guessers have a hard enough time forecasting the next days weather let alone a month or two in advance. We will all know soon enough. I still have a good feeling about this winter. :D

John

11. HandyHaver

HandyHaver Senior Member

Hey John, I'm with you. I've noticed ALOT of geese starting to fly south up here in my neck of the woods. I'm talking major flocks. I also saw a wolly worm the othe day that looked like he had on three sweaters. I'll take mothers natures predictions over modern tech. any day.

At the end of last winter I had to leave plow site because I couldn't read about snow anymore after the winter we had.

The weather is starting to change and the plowing bug has creeped back in full force.

Whatever happens, I'll be ready!!! Good to be back

Mark

12. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

Lake Erie is 4 above last year & it didnt freeze.....
    They say it will be mild but with the lake effect we get it's next to impossible to tell untill it's knocking at my front door....

13. TurfPlus

TurfPlus Senior Member

Hi Mark,
    LOL. Good to see you back on Plowsite. Sorry you couldn't make the BBQ.

John

14. HandyHaver

HandyHaver Senior Member

Thanks John, good to be back.

I'm sorry I had to miss the BBQ, just too much going on.

Looked like a good time even though the weather was't the best.

Saw more geese flying today, man if the were any higher they would have been leaving a vapor trail.

The signs are there, but I'm not saying any more, except that I will be ready

Mark