1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What's needed to hook up boss v plow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Itsdoubletime, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Itsdoubletime

Itsdoubletime Member

I'm new to the plowing business I'm purchasing a boss 8"2 power v with the harness and controller all I need is the the frame for underneath my truck correct ? I was looking around and seen a frame and than a saw a separate part that was a push beam I'm assuming I don't need that because the plow has the power hook up where you just hit the button right ? Just a little confused
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The plow hooks to the push beam
  3. Itsdoubletime

Itsdoubletime Member

So the push beam stays connected the plow and that hooks up to the cram under the truck right ?
  4. BigBoyPlowin

BigBoyPlowin Senior Member

Yes you need a Boss Under-Carriage as shown below...
    Also You're probably better off having the dealer install a new truck-side wiring harness while you're at it.
    This way you have a Brand new/ Non-corroded Truck side wiring. This will save you time and money.