1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What's my piece of crap worth.....

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by coral, Jan 15, 2010.

1. coral

coral Senior Member

its getting old..... just putting out a "feeler" ..... what happened to people doing a little research themselves?

ask me...ill give you $5 for your truck.....a case of beer for your equipment.... and nothing for your thoughts..... (since you dont have any)
  2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Couldn't agree more! Either your selling it or your not it's that simple, if you don't know what it's worth you probably have no business selling it!
  3. AC2717

AC2717 Senior Member

agreed, period point blank, you know what you want to get for what you are selling, or you are just trying to fill yourself up with good thoughts to back up in your mind that you got a good deal or that you have something of value that someone wants.
    Sort of drives me nuts, or even most times I just pass right over those adds
  4. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Agree totally.
    When I purchased my wife's jeep this past spring the salesman asked what I wanted to pay. I told him $100
    He laughed and asked again and he got the same response. Don't ask stupid questions...I'll give you stupid answers.
  5. procut

procut Senior Member

The for sale forum here can kind of be a joke at times. I do always laugh at the "Feeler" threads, it's like someone else said. either your selling it or not, this isn't hard.

Throw in the guys that want two prices for there stuff too, Earlier today I saw truck for sale here very similar to one of mine. When I saw what he was asking I thought, wow, can that be right. I did a quick blue book search and he was asking 10 grand more than what the excallent condition value was.

Then add in the jokers who troll the fs forum, demanding pictures and making offers that are 1/3 of the asking price, even though they are 600 miles away and have no intention or means to buy the item.
  6. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

probably $1-$1,000,000,000 thats what i think
  7. TLB

TLB Senior Member

You know it's always worth more to the seller