1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What's my fee?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by PaleRider, Oct 3, 2006.

1. PaleRider

PaleRider Senior Member

:waving: All,
    I sub for a friend. I use my own equipment and have my own plow ins. :realmad: I'm trying to pick up a few contracts of my own and having a tough time of it :angry: He's asked me what I want for $$ but, I'm not sure? The other sub he had last year, sold his truck so now it's just me and him and he's picked up a few new accounts this year. I was thinking of $45 to $50 and hour? Your thoughts on a fare price?
    Thanks,
    Pale Rider :gunsfiring:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2006
  2. brunosplace

brunosplace Senior Member

Will that amount cover your expenses (gas, maint, ins, advertising, your pay, & etc: ) plus put a profit into your business? Only you can answer that question. :)

3. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

If you have all your own equiptment, and ins then i would say you're way too cheap. I am charging 125- 150 an hour. If you buy your own gas, know the route and are efficient then i would say charge a little less than what he is charging. Think about it if you could get someone to plow your list, buy their own gas, and cover ins. for half price wouldnt you do it?

4. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

tell him $100/hr and hire a lowballer for $20 to do your route while you sleep in :nod: :)

5. PaleRider

PaleRider Senior Member

Move to Ohio

I guess I need to move to Ohio :nod: I've been beat out by low ballers with no ins. Thanks for the help payup

Pale Rider :gunsfiring: