1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What's My 4Yr Old 810 Worth?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by prayforsnow, Nov 2, 2006.

1. prayforsnow

prayforsnow Member

My 810 turned 4 in October... :bday:

I paid just over 4K for it new...what is it worth now?
    Any 810 lovers in Northern IL looking for a used one?:confused:

First off, I gotta' say I love this thing...sure makes plowin' easier. But it's heavy...it really belongs on a one ton truck, not my 3/4 ton. Plus I have the Cummins, so together, it's one front heavy package.
    Plus, I only have a couple clients, so I really don't put it to good use.

Before I get rid of my Meyer 8ft plow and Monarch lift unit...anybody want to make me an offer I can't refuse? :D

PFS

2. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

3. prayforsnow

prayforsnow Member

Hi Jeen,

Right now it's still nestled up against the fence where I stored it for the summer. Also, I currently don't have any pictures of it. But I can take some when I move it. ;)

I don't know where in PA you are, but that's a long drive to IL from any part of PA...I did it one time years ago for a car I purchased. Of course that was ' way back' when you could afford a gallon of fuel :eek:

PFS

4. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

I am actualy in Grand Raipds Mi and have made several trips to IL in the past month
    I have something else there I need to pick up too but he is storing it till I can make the trip worth while

Pictures would be great what do you want to get for it?
    Thank you
    Jeen

5. prayforsnow

prayforsnow Member

Hi Jeen,

Well heck...if your already comin' out this way. :D
    When did you plan on coming out this way?

It's not as pretty as a new one, and I had some troubles with the main plug last year, but other than that the plow itself works fine.
    The truck frame is for an early Dodge truck (the one in my signature), and I do have the entire wiring harness (still installed on my truck).

As for how much it's worth, I was trying to get an idea of that with this post. I know the new ones are going closer to $4500...
    I really don't know...how does $3K sound?
    How did you plan on haulin' it home? The plow itself weighs right around 900lbs. I would think drivin' any serious distance (more than a hundred miles or so) with it attached to the front of your truck can't be good for things.

I was kinda' hopin' someone with an existing Blizzard hitch on their truck would come get it. The plow frame is off my truck right now, and moving this thing without a truck attached to it could be painful if your not *real* careful. :dizzy:

Talk to you later,
    PFS

6. prayforsnow

prayforsnow Member

Howdy,

Hopefully I'll have my frame back on the truck this weekend to move the plow out for pictures. xysport

Then I'll pull that baby out on the street and take some "ACTION" shots of the plow wings extended and stuff. :gunsfiring:

PFS

7. prayforsnow

prayforsnow Member

OK,

She's on the truck...who wants pictures?

PFS

8. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Mine was 6 years old when I bought it. Paid 1600 for it, needed a broken wire fixed behind the disconnect switch and a paintjob, cutting edges are getting thin, but it came with the correct subframe for my truck, as well as the light harness and controller, everything actually. I was happy with $1600, thought it was worth more. Had to drive five hours to get it, probably spent a couple bills on fuel, tolls and coffee to get it home.

9. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

4 year old 810 is worth $1250.00 to $1500.00, not much more than that.

Great Plow, the just lose value fast.

Jon

10. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

wow, I've never seen them that cheap. Even old ratty ones sell for around $2500 on eBay. Maybe it's because there are a lot more of them where you are. They are still pretty rare around here. New Blizzards seem to be making a little more of a dent in the market finally, it's always been predominately yellow around here.

11. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

I got my 99 model for 2k last spring. It was almost new as it was sitting for the last 3-4 years unused and before that it was used to plow a long gravel drive.

12. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

About $2000.00....