1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what's my 2yr old 9ft worth?

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by fredhedd, Dec 10, 2006.

1. fredhedd

fredhedd Member

theres not much wear on it

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

We'll need to know a little more than it's 9'. Like, what kind? Can you post a picture? What all is included - wiring, toggle/hand held, push plates? If included, what were the push plates on? What is meant by "not much wear" - how much? This is where a picture would help.

3. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Yah; need more info.

4. fredhedd

fredhedd Member

sorry guys. i thought i was in the western plow section. it's a western. i have all brackets and the standard floor controller that came with it. it's in very good shape. i only used it for one season and i took good care of it. there is barely any wear on it and with a can of black spray paint i could touch up the spots on the removable part of the blade and it would honestly look brand new.

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I'd like to help, but I think I'd best let someone else with more experience with Western plows chime up. I'm kind of confused with what you mean by "removable part of the blade" (blade = moldboard? or do you mean the A frame?). By "brackets" do you mean the mounts attached to the truck (push plates)? And what is a "standard floor controller"? The only controls that Western comes with are the handheld or the joystick (and the joystick is usually mounted to the dash or console).

My advise - don't use any spray paint. If anything apply a light coat of grease to exposed metal.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2006
  6. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

how about posting a picture.