1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What's my 04 F350 SRW PSD worth?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by got-h2o, Jun 24, 2012.

1. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I know I'm usually the one with all the answers on truck values, but I want to know other's opinions that are in the working truck field like me. I know what I would pay for it, and I know what I would like to get for it if I sold it, but lemme know what you think.

A run down:

TX truck until 4 yrs ago. Since it's seen work nonstop here in the snow. What was once a spotless truck now has a few misc dings, paint chips, minor rust, etc.

6.0 with 236k miles. I don't want to hear opinions on the 6.0. This is a helluva truck. It's reliable and well maintained. I fix my trucks. New turbo and FICM within the last 10k. Other common probs have been fixed throughout its life. Miles on a truck like this don't bother me. It's a plow truck and that's about it aside from misc use. I've only put 23k on it in 4 yrs time.

True workhorse. Bash all you want but this is THE truck. A 1 ton with heavier springs, SRW reg cab. It's a mule. This is my first truck out and last one in. It tips the scales daily during the snow btw 15k-15,800 loaded. No BS. It's carried either an 810 or an 8611LP for the last 4 seasons, as well as a box with sides.

New front end this year. Hub assy's, warn lockout hubs, axle u joints, ball joints, EVERYTHING.

Rearend was replaced with a low mile one last year. Ujoints, etc as well. Brand new Yokahama 10 ply tires.

Great runner/driver. Starts up cold. Trans 100%. 100% STOCK except no cat.

05 Grill and lights, and buckets out of an 04 Expedition.

Total recent repairs and upgrades are well over $4k.

The reason for this is I am considering "upgrading" to an 05 with 286k to make my DD/personal WT. It's my buddies and is a 1 ton Lariat. The sale of my 04 may never happen but it'll be a quick way to make it happen if I decide to sell it soon. I planned to run it till it died. I may keep it and pass it down the line if the #s don't add up.

Anyone interested LMK. Like I said, it may not happen, but...........................

I plan to sell it without plow/spreader BTW

The wheelwell is out b/c I just put a starter on it. I have it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  2. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

7k or so? I wouldn't be scared of it because of the motor. I just hate high miles.

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Thanks buddie. I was hoping in the $7-8k range. I realize auction/wholesale would be a bit less, but mainly b/c of the miles. My 7.3 has 376k, but it's a 7.3 too ya know? Miles never bothered me, but I know it hurts resale significantly. It would prob be a $10-12k truck otherwise.

4. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

I hear you loud and clear. My 2000 is my daily and it's got 230k on it. Loaded similar to yours in the winter. XLS on the front and a heaped stainless vbox out back. I live the regular cab for plowing.

Like I said I'll probably be selling mine soon and be looking to get 6-7k. I figure yours is worth a little more with it being newer. I also just did entire front end rebuild, but people still chit bricks at high miles lol.

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Lol..........