1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What's missing from this Dmax?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Banksy, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

This is a friends truck with stock intake. What is missing here from the hose in the middle of the pic with the hose clamps? 2004 Dmax

[​IMG]

2. TonyS

TonyS Junior Member

There's a box that goes there that says 6.6L. Don't need it. Cap it or plug it.

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Thank you.

4. woodchuck2

woodchuck2 Senior Member

X2, it is just a resinator box to make the intake/turbo quieter. It does need to be plugged off, did it throw a MAF code with it missing?

5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I told him to find a PVC pipe end cap or something like that to plug it. He did not mention any CEL coming on. Where that piece went...he has no idea. I told him to check the boneyards for one.

6. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

People take the box off and cap it , they think it makes the turbo louder and spool up quicker . I dont think so.

7. JRKRACE

JRKRACE Senior Member

Please tell me he hasn't been driving around with it uncapped....

8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Yup, but for how long? He thinks 20 miles or so. Not sure where 20 miles came from...