1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats it worth?

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by sn95vert, Jan 31, 2010.

1. sn95vert

sn95vert Senior Member

Going to be in the market soon for a 250/350 and debating on whether to sell my plow truck or keep it as a back up truck. i was wondering what you guys think is a fair price. Since I bought the truck, I put about $2000 into it.
    Its a 94 f150 4.9L 4x4 173k. Used to belong to a former Ford mechanic before he passed away, gave it to his grand son and I bought it from him.

Truck has little rust, only rot is on the driver rocker panel (quarter size).

Had Auto Hubs, Bought manual Locking Hubs , purchased a transfer case and believe I have one as a spare, rebuilt the tranny and got another one as a back up from my buddys Bronco. New Clutch, Battery, bought a brand new bed liner.

Almost new 4 inch Lift with brand new Rough Country shocks(2000 miles on them), Have (5) 33" BFG M/T with 4 American Racing wheels and have 3000 miles on rims/tire. 90% tread on 3 tires and 2 tire have 70-75% tread left. If you maintain these tires, they will last 100k with no issues.
    Have 15"x7.5" aluminum wheels with snow tires and 2 steel rims for spares.

Did Ball joints, tire rod ends, pitman arm, motor mounts, tranny mount, HD U-joints, new driveshaft yoke from Ford, ran new brake lines, Gave it a tune up (plugs,wires,cap,rotor) I put a custom side exhaust on just before the pass tire.

*Have brand new step up bars but have not installed it yet*

7' 6" Western Conventional Cable operated plow. minimal holes on bottem of blad but works good. truck has ONLY plowed 3 storms in its whole life.

Now for the bad.

Got stuck driving in the trails. popped the front tire, dented both fenders, could use new mirrors (pass. side got banged up pretty bad but needs to get replaced anyways because they arent in great condtion) The pass. side cab and pass. side bed took a hit from the tree getting winched out. needs body work to get fixed ($500 to be repaired)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  2. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 Senior Member
    from wooster

about $1000 is all id pay for it