1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats it worth

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DAZ982500, Nov 18, 2009.

1. DAZ982500

DAZ982500 Senior Member

Ilost 7 commercial lots this year to a much longer company this was about 65 % of my business the remainder was Residental.Anyway I was talking to this,a friend, who tells me that a local Constrction friend is looking for a guy to assist with plowing a Wegmens(grocery store in NY) during events.Anyway he tells me that I would be responsible for keeping driving lanes open,he and son would use loader dump trucks and anther guy would salt.When I first thought about it did not sound bad but the more I thought about i came to different conclusion.People rushing in and out of place,not paying attention,truck stopping starting with a load in the front of it(taxing the old girl 86 chevy k20 6.2 diesel).Ithink i might destroy the 1st nite.And the rate is $50.00 per hour.Ihave always worked for myself and generally can make between $100-125 per hour.Iam feeling a bit dejected.Any thought on this type of work in relation to the effects on truck,me and rate pr hour.Ithinking i might be better off doing the 15 drives and just go and enjoy the winter.DAV
  2. Xforce 1

Xforce 1 Senior Member

Min of $75 at least. Could help the cash flow anyway. If you don't need the cash, enjoy the winter. Ain't worth less than $75 for sure.
  3. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I would go pick up a few residentials and keep making your solid $100 per hour. Why not? At $50/hr, there is not a lot of money left over after all the costs. Well at least for me there is not.
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I would do it. but maybe tell him you have plenty of experience and are worth a little more?