1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats It Worth?

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by wls, Sep 2, 2009.

1. wls

wls Senior Member

I have a 1997 F250, but could be labeled a 350, I added a D-60 about 3 years ago, put all new parts in the 60, right down to the inner spindle bearings, all heavy duty NAPA parts, plus all new steering drag links, tie rods, u-joints etc. Put a extra spring on each side, probably a 6000-6500# front rating now. Has add a leaf in the rear springs. 3:55 gear ratio. pretty good fuel mileage. Runs good, batteries 2 years old, uses no oil between changes, 5000 mile changes, new trans lines to the rad, fresh trans oil in. 1500 miles on the tires, has rust above each rear wheel, 4 door short box crew cab. Some flaking of paint, not bad. Wired for a blizzard 810, which is a 2004, has new draw hitch assembly, believe it was around 400.00 for that, last Jan 09, also has a new angle cyd, 166.00 for that, also installed around 1-09. Couple new hoses on it. The plow needs a new edge. Also with it, is a Buyers TGS05B spreader, w/viberator, and swing away hitch. The spreader had 6 pallets of salt thru it. When lifting the plow, the front goes down about 1/2-3/4" The plow and salter is in the overhang, covered up, or I would post pics of them, but if really needed, I can drag them out, and post. I probably forgot to mention something, if I recall, I will post.

What would be a good asking price for this rig.

2. ATV Plow King

ATV Plow King Senior Member

Are you selling the plow and spreader with it? Does the light bar and gas tank come with it too? Is it a diesel, 4x4?

3. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

Its hard to buy and sell at the same time.
  4. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

i would be interdsted in the plow or plow and truck pending price. have no use for spreader though.
  5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I'd be quite interested as well depending on price, just as it sits in the pics. I have access to an older 810 that would be perfect for it! Give me a ballpark price and we'll go from there............that is if the above poster's pass on it ;)

And ATV plow king.....I'm assuming/hoping it's a diesel dog b/c of the plug hanging out of the front bumper ;)
  6. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

Gas, Diesel,other options?

How many miles? How long have you owned it? If it's an XLT Diesel with less than 200K, I would guess 5-8K, but don't know for sure.
  7. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

in 97 did they offer a CCSB? i thought it was only CCLB
  8. ATV Plow King

ATV Plow King Senior Member

Good point unless it a wiring harness.

9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

You can see the plow harness, 810s only have 1 big plug ;-)
  10. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

They offered these body styles in F-250 but I am pretty sure not the 350's
  11. wls

wls Senior Member

I would sell it with the 810, and the salter, 230000 miles, I've had it since about 185000 miles, 7.3 P/S, it is a 250, but no ttb, put the D-60 in. So if I sit it out by the road, what should I put on the sign, of course I will post it for sale too.
  12. wls

wls Senior Member

Light bar will go with it, tank will stay with me,
  13. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Gotta be worth somewhere in the $7500 range? I'm assuming the tranny was rebuilt at some point? Have you done an oil analysis?
  14. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I'm gonna pass if it's anywhere in the listed price ranges.
  15. wls

wls Senior Member

I put a 97 250, in to nada, came up with:
    rough trade in=6475.00
    Average trade in=7400
    clean trade in=8175

Clean retail= 11175.00
    I don't need the trade #'s, I Sort of thought the truck alone, I would figure around 9000.00, then add the other pieces on.

Good condition on KBB is 8830.00
    excellant condition is 9305.00, which it is'nt

thanks guys/gals
  16. bigboss1

bigboss1 Member
    from pa

so what are you asking
  17. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

No offense, but my 00 shows being worth about $13-14k, and I haven't been able to get $7k over the last 2 months ;)

The 810 and spreader make it worth more, but that's a truck I'd sell with a Unimount for about $5-6k. It would go bare bones at the auction for about $3k, if that. Again, no offense, but it's what I do.
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  18. wls

wls Senior Member

for 3000.00, I'll pull the extra front springs off, and use it as a daily driver, enjoy the 20 mpg's.
    Thanks again guys, I just wanted to get a idea, as to say if this was one of your units you were going to sell.
    I was looking a C/L, they had then from 2500 to over 9000.00, that was in the Detroit area
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  19. wls

wls Senior Member

Probably will keep it, nobody has actually gave me a price for a complete plow pkg.