1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What's it worth ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by RLM, Aug 25, 2009.

1. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I went to look at a used truck last night. Trying to put an idea for an offer. KBB is a joke the value they gave I haven't seen anything sell for that in forever. Here it is
    1999 3500 dually, 4x4, flat bed, engine was replace (new GM crate) 30K ago. The cab has a dent in pasengers door & front fender, but is solid, even inner fenders, interior fair shape. It needs the bed reskined (the diamond plated is rotted in many areas), trans has no reverse (rebuild is going to be $ 2000), meyer plow needs welding & patching, chassis has 290,000 on it. The guys asking $ 3500, I personally think its WAAYY high, I don't want to be into it to much with almost 300K miles.
  2. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

around $2700ish?
  3. red07gsxr

red07gsxr Senior Member
    from meriden

is the truck the old or new body style..but with a new engine with paperwork on the engine the truck is worth atleast 2k.
  4. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Old body style, no paperwork for engine. 2K or a little less I'm thinking, I don't "need" to have it, & there is plenty of time before the snow flies. Looking for a back up plow, & salt truck primarily.
  5. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

30k mile crate motor or not, that seems about $1,000 too high.
  6. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

No paper work, no deal. Everybody uses that line..Too high.