1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats it worth????

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by GETSOME!, Feb 16, 2009.

1. GETSOME!

GETSOME! Junior Member

Some background: I manage a ranch here in Colorado. I have a western mvp plus 8.5' plow. Apparantly, the owners feel that the economy has hit them hard, and are wanting to eliminate some equipment. I would rather hold on to the 12' plow on my tractor than the plow on the truck. I need some help on getting a value of this piece of equipment.

Like I said, its a mvp plus, 8.5'. I have used it for 2.5 seasons, strictly private use, no commercial. It is the ultra mount system, on a 1998 dodge 1 ton. I have the hand held remote, with updated control wiring. It is very well taken care of, and garage kept, both in the off and on season. It also has the western rubber deflector kit. I am guessing around $3000. Any insight would be much appreciated.

2. GETSOME!

GETSOME! Junior Member

anyone?????

3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

i don't think 3k is out of the question. go to ebay and see what they go for. there is one on there now for 3k.

4. GETSOME!

GETSOME! Junior Member

Alright, here are some pictures....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. HVAC Guy

HVAC Guy Member
    from Chicago

Good Looking Setup. Think 3K Is A Fair Price

6. GETSOME!

GETSOME! Junior Member

Do you guys think I could get 3500-3700? If they are over 5k new, 2 grand less seems like I would be losing $$$

7. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I have the exact same plow and I'd never let it go for under $3k. I'd list for $4k and let it go for $3750.

8. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

only problem with your price at 3500-3750 is that its on an old Dodge. Most people wont spend that much loot to put it on a old truck. Does the wiring work with other trucks? I know the mounts probably only fit the Dodge. So for most people its only an off truck item they are buying and will have to come up 700 for on truck parts. So that puts them close to 4500 not installed.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  9. NootDogg

NootDogg Senior Member
    from WI

I am with you camden. That plow is worth $4200 all day long. We have two of them and we are looking to sell one but we are asking $4500 cause it has all new cutting edges on it.

10. GETSOME!

GETSOME! Junior Member

I'm not sure about the wiring, but I would assume that its the same regardless of what make of vehicle. Anyone know for sure?

The mounts, I am pretty sure, are vehicle specific. There are still a lot of 94-01 2nd gen dodges out there, so I don't think that will be too big of a problem.

11. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

It will need different wiring for anything newer than 2002 for the new body style.

12. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Wiring will be different for anything, but it depends what it would go on. Iso modules are somewhat universal, and power harness, plow harness, should work. Headlight harnesses will be the main difference. As far as price, I'd buy it for $3k, not much more, especially this time of year. If you hang onto it till fall, that's another story. Don't be upset with most agreeing that $3k is FAIR. It's the price you stated. All I know is that my plows have made me a LOT of $ in the last 2.5 seasons. If I had to sell one and lose 30%, I'd have still profited 10 fold (figure of speech, more than 10x). Also, it needs cutting edges badly and the Plus cutting edges will set someone back a few bucks.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  13. GETSOME!

GETSOME! Junior Member

yeah, I'm not upset by any means. Just wanting some feedback from others. If it sold for $500, I could care less since its not my own personal plow.

Off topic, but I see that you had a Cognito on one of your trucks. How'd you like it? Did you put it on yourself? I have a friend with an LMM looking at the 10-12 cognito. Sounds like they are the lift of choice for the newer GMs/Chevys.

14. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Best of the Best IMHO.......and the new 10-12 is offered with a no tbar drop which is badass. Fit and finish is the best of any lift IMHO.