1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats It Worth ?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by frk507, Aug 10, 2005.

1. frk507

frk507 Junior Member

I just came across a western 7'6" 13-14yrs old in real nice shape(low hrs. and just a little surface rust) complete with controls and mount and was wondering what somthing like this is worth? controls are cable operated, Is this a good set up or do they have problems? Thank-you for any input on this.

2. wickedcarpenter

wickedcarpenter Member

There's one down the street from me with a new joy stick and cables for $300.Fits 80's chevy and works great.

3. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Buy now. In 2 months it will be a lot more. They get $1000-1500 for something like that around here when the season is upon us. Half that in the summer if you are lucky. Wickedcarpenter: For $300 I may have to drive up to Michigan to stock up. lol

4. frk507

frk507 Junior Member

They seem to be in the 1000-1200.00 area around here. how about the cable controls, being new to this, are they dependable?

5. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Offer 400 hundred no more then 750 if it is mint. You will have to find a mount for your truck right? Even if it bolts right up and the wiring is intact its still 14 years old. You can find a uni mount for a 1000 bucks ! Dont pay more then what it is worth, even come plowing season you would be a fool to pay a 1000. This is a cable operated plow, I used these 15 years ago. There is a reason there not made any more. Its not a bad system and they work fine, but there are better options available now. Kinda like power steering, you dont need it but it sure is easier.
    Todd

6. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

I run a dozen of them and they are bullet proof! I run both the 7.5 and 8.0 Pro Series cable operated setups and you can't kill them. I figure a used setup in good working/looking condition is worth $800.00. If anybody wants to deliver a complete setup to Jersey I will buy all you got for $400 - $500 apiece. I am always looking to pick up a few spares! Email me at njplowman@hotmail.com if you want to sell one...

7. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I would buy it, Ive seen them as high as $1400 here in MN :redbounce