1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats it worth?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by mikelawtown, Feb 12, 2013.

1. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

2003 ford F350 ext cab short bed .auto Green.
    X Blade
    pwr wind/locks
    79,959 miles.
    Body is mint, interior also.My boss plowed his home only...
    Maybe selling soon. Very nice truck

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

gas or diesel?
    gas around $11000
    diesel around $15000

3. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

If he sells it right now he MAY get 9K for it. Nothing like the need for equipment when it just blizzarded down on us like it did.

Perspective, I bought an 04 F350 single cab, 64K miles, 8ftMM2 plow for $6500 right before winter.

4. mikelawtown

from Mass

Gas. wow i figured 13k...one owner and a 9 out of a 10....I think you guys are off. Every dealer wants 10k-14k for ones with 130k+ on them. Plow alone was 5k...Oh well

5. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

now is not a good time to sell a plow truck and there is alot of the around

6. ducaticorse

from we

Used car dealers pray on poor saps with bad credit. Take it to a dealer and see what theyll gibgeou for it. My guess is six to seven thousand. You're not a dealer. You're not going to finance the buyer or bwaranty it under ma state law.

I'm not.off, I do this for a living. 13 k is absolutely out of the question, as in, not a snow balls chance in hell.

7. ducaticorse

from we

9k all day. 10 if its a dime.

8. ducaticorse

from we

I would shovel snow with my bare hands before I ever bought a truck from a used car dealer.

9. mikelawtown

from Mass

Here in Boston may be diff then where u live. Dealer is willing to give him 9k. I know dealers are higher but i just dont see it. Im on ebay, cars.com and autotrader as we speek and 12-13 k is a good price for a 1 owner non commercial plow truck. 6500 is a price if it has 180k...Just sharing what i see. A dealer would ask 13-15k so your saying they want double? someones confused.. all pics shown are private sellers and 11-15k. all have 30-50k more miles too..

2-f350.jpg

3-f350.jpg

f350.jpg

10. ilucas

ilucas Member

Go looking.....see what is out there and for how much. You know your bosses truck and how he takes care of of it. That will figure into your descision. "if" he only has done his own driveway and it is the shape you described 12 k is not a crazy number. One thing I wouldn't do though is buy a 10 year old truck that someone plowed with if I didn't know the owner or the truck. Good luck!

11. ducaticorse

from we

I live in Cambridge MA. I can spit out my window and hit Storrow drive...

People can ask whatever they want for what they are trying to sell. It's the buyer who decides what it is going to sell for. I'm just speaking the truth. I buy and sell cars as a side hobby. I probably do 10-15 a year. People tend to go by KBB and that is a joke. You can expect a solid 30% less than whatever that joke of a book says. NADA is better, but still take 15-20% off of them too. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see you get 13K for that truck, but you wont. You won't get over ten on a private sale IMHO. As soon as you mention plow, you scare away 70% of potential buyers too. They're immediately thinking tranny and front end issues... If a dealer is giving him 9, is that on a trade? If it is, he's not getting 9K, he's getting 7-8K and getting fleeced on the price of his new truck. Then the dealer is going to slap a warranty on, and retail the truck for 13K... It's all a big game/scam at used car dealers....

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  12. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

I'd say worth 10-11 with blade, 8-9 with no blade. My friend sold his 04 with 60k and no blade but had truckside for 9 grand. 5.4 gas.

13. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

I would say $11k with blade, low miles and no rust is a fair price. They go for that around hear, $4-$5k more if diesel.