1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats it worth?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jdgreen454, Feb 12, 2011.

1. jdgreen454

jdgreen454 Junior Member

Alright guys need some help on deciding what my truck is worth. I've gotta 2000 K2500 OBS, 5.7, with a freshly (today) burned up tranny (4L80E). The motor has about 30,000 miles on it rest of truck has 153,000. Its a std cab long box, and the body is in pretty good shape (few dings and minor surface rust). It has an 8' Boss straight blade RT3 non smart hitch that works great (needs driver side light and some paint). So without pics (I have non at this time to upload) give me some ballpark prices.

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

How much you want for it? Where in northern MI are you?

3. jdgreen454

jdgreen454 Junior Member

I'm about 25 miles west of Traverse City, little town called Honor. I'm not really sure what a realistic price would be I was thinking around $2500 to $2800. Comes with a new vinyl floor (still in box) and a new class IV hitch (still in box).

4. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Sell the hitch and floor mat separate 1st of all.

Look up the Kelly BB value. Then call and get a price on what it would cost to install a trans. Then subtract double that price from the Kelly BB value.

Someone may have a truck w/a blown motor or just have the tools and parts to fix that one.

What it is worth is whatever you can get someone to pay. Salesmanship will go a long way in selling it.

5. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Too far away for me 12hrs, I have a place in Ahmeek in the UP I was hoping you were closer.

6. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I think your pricing is reasonable. That tranny will be in the 1500-2000 range for a rebuild.
    Wish you were closer I would be interested.
    Dino