1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What's it worth ???? Possibly For Sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by CT-TILEMAN, Nov 27, 2012.

1. CT-TILEMAN

CT-TILEMAN Member

I am posting this to see what a plow truck might be worth.

My Father decided to retire this year and moved permanently to North Carolina.

He called me this morning to ask me to list his truck for sale as he is not going to be in CT this winter and doesn't want to hang onto the truck for the winter.

The truck:

2001 Duramax- 5-Speed Allison -approximately 155K-160K-will have to check it
    GMC-Regular Cab-2500HD-4x4 (pushbutton)
    Black body color with Dark Graphite Interior.
    SLE package, dual power seats, fold down console, cloth interior, AC, tilt, cruise, AM-FM-CD radio, power windows/door locks, tow pkg.

Truck was used for construction it's whole life, we install tile, truck was never worked hard, only had a plow on it the last 5 years and only used for parking lots, no driveways.

Truck has an older MM1-Fisher straight 8' blade.

Body on the truck is not mint, not trashed but not perfect, no rot, a few bubbles on one fender where the flare must have rubbed the paint off, the bed has it's share of dents, no rear bumper at the moment, it was rusty and a new steel one was to be built but probably not now, the rusty one can be included.

Not sure what it's worth, anyone have an idea ??

2. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Depends, hows the body? When were the injectors done last? Clean body and recent injectors will be a selling point. If injectors weren't recent you could reassure someone by getting the balance rates read. Outside of injector issues lb7's sell well, especially reg cabs!

3. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

whats this worth?????? i don't see anything....it is worth whatever a willing buyer wishes to give,

you can get a printout for the service on the engine from the dealer as far as the injectors and glow plugs,...

4. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

well i just bought one that has less options but is extra cab with 200,000 miles with plow setup for $4000. so i would guess $7500-8000 depending if the injectors were replaced.

5. CT-TILEMAN

CT-TILEMAN Member

I have a TECH2 and anything the buyer wished to see can be displayed on the scanner prior to the sale.

Last time I checked balance rates were good......it runs great.

Body is good, bed could be better, no rust, but has some dents, it is also Line-X'd, has good tires, etc.

I'll get some pics up in the next few days, waiting for better weather.

6. CT-TILEMAN

CT-TILEMAN Member

It's for sale, My father has decided he definitely wants to sell it at this pint, no need for a 4x4 with a plow now that he is living in North Carolina.

I can email pics to whoever wants them, or to someone that can host them, I do not have a picture account.

Will need better tires for plowing, these are shot for plowing, and a rear bumper.

$10,500 OBO.......negotiable.

KBB has it at $10,600-$11,300

7. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Pics would be nice

8. CT-TILEMAN

CT-TILEMAN Member

Didn't realize I could upload pics.

Here are some

20121214_144226_resized.jpg

20121214_144234_resized.jpg

20121214_144240_resized.jpg

20121214_144210_resized.jpg

20121214_144216_resized.jpg

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  9. CT-TILEMAN

CT-TILEMAN Member

And a few more

rear.JPG

Side.jpg

10. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

nice truck but a little high on the price im selling a 01 eclb with mm1 for $8900. nobody really wants a plow this time of year
    Good luck with the sale though!

11. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Yea alittle high on price for a truck of that year and condition.

12. CT-TILEMAN

CT-TILEMAN Member

I'm just the messenger.......thanks.......I only buy new trucks, so selling used now with new trucks costing so much seems like it pulled the older truck prices up.

Nice thing about plow trucks is they will be in demand again in 8 months.....

Price is OBO, can always drop the price, raising it up is a little more difficult

13. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

lol

14. CT-TILEMAN

CT-TILEMAN Member

yeah, its so funny that I have a cash offer for $7K with no plow already and it's only been on CL for 24 hours.........

and $8k with the plow from a guy in upstate NY because it's listed on another web site other than here.

I guess prices for plow trucks are better in NY/CT than in other parts of the country.

Thanks for bumping the thread with your posts..............keep up the good work, I appreciate it.

LOL

15. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Uhhh you took offense to that? LMFAO. It wasn't even directed at you. People are so d@mn touchy. Your truck is worth $7-8k, never said it wasn't. Read it closely and maybe you'll get it.

Here's another free bump! But you don't need that with all of the offsite interest.

16. CT-TILEMAN

CT-TILEMAN Member

nope, no offense taken............it's all good

17. KLC99

KLC99 Senior Member

nice - demonstrates the importance of reading the whole thread before you reply

18. CT-TILEMAN

CT-TILEMAN Member

Sale pending

19. CT-TILEMAN

CT-TILEMAN Member

Sold...........!!!