1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats it worth? Dump body

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by srl28, Mar 17, 2013.

1. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Not sure if this is the place for this exactly, feel free to move it but I figured this was probably the best place.

This body was put on the truck about halfway through 2006. Built in late 2005. Electric over hydraulic scissor hoist would be included. Specs are as follows-

Manufactured by Godwin
    12ft long
    48" solid sides
    1 piece solid steel floor.
    Dual barn doors in the back.
    Never hauled soil, rock, etc. Always used for mulch and leaves. Truck was never ever used in the winter. Rust is almost non existant except for surface rust underneath obviously.

Comes with Tarp system shown. Not electric, its manually operated. Tarp is near new

Truck is being sold off (engine issue) and I'm looking for a different body for the replacement truck. Looking to get an asking price for this body. Seen them new for $6,500 and up not including the hoist.

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

u can probably get 3500 for it
  3. BigBoyPlowin

BigBoyPlowin Senior Member

You'll also have to find someone who is willing to do the work of Welding brackets on their truck, running PTO hoses and such... Which will most likely mean you will have it a while or sell it cheap just to get rid of it...
  4. Drew2010

Drew2010 Senior Member

^^^agreed with above.

Perhaps talk to some truck upfitters in your area. If they don't want to buy it perhaps they can get the word out that you have it for sale.
  5. OldSchoolPSD

OldSchoolPSD Senior Member

Used truck bodies are always tough. When you need one you can't find one, and when you have one you can't get rid of it.

I think $3500 is a fair price. The fact that it welds on instead of having a bolt on subframe is really going to limit your buyers. It's not something your average joe can bolt on in his driveway.
  6. wcb607a

wcb607a Junior Member
    from NJ

I may be interested. Private message me with your contact info.
  7. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

PM sent, let me know