1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whats it worth 06 d max

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 09dieselguy, Dec 29, 2010.

1. 09dieselguy

09dieselguy Senior Member

ok guys. i talked to a dealer the other day that i know and trust.

i was looking for a duramax. he said that he would sell my his personal truck that i was interested in. when i was in his lot the other day i saw it sitting there and i really like it. the color and package that i was looking for to be exact.

2006 duramax. spot free. ex cab short bed.
    2 weeks ago he installed a new poly boss 9.2 vxt plow.
    at the same time he also installed a 8 or 9 foot snowman rear plow with wings.

the truck has 60k on the ticker. very nice condition and well taken care of. the truck books for 29k for clean retail.

i only talked to him for a moment and he gave me a price for it with the plow. im not sure if the snowman was part of the price or not as i wasnt that interested in it at the moment. now after thinking it over i am more interested in the truck with low miles and well taken care of.

im going to be up there for new years and i plan to go touch it and talk it over with him to iron out the details on the truck and plows and prices.

what do you guys feel this truck would be worth?

ill post the price he listed in a while to see if he is far off. i seem to think its a little high untill i looked it up for the miles on it.

thanks once again!

2. Chevyguy04

Chevyguy04 Junior Member

Being that it is early winter still and HD trucks hold more value in the winter, with 60K on her I would guess in the range of $28 - $32k.

3. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

The 06-07 Dmaxes are highly sought after. NO DPF!! I would say, with that new $6k plow you are looking at 30-35

4. 09dieselguy

well it coems to find out that he told me the wrong mileage. went and drove it today and it has 142k on it. brand new 2 week old 9.2 vxt. when the plow is lifted its only about 2 inchs off the ground on the edge's. so it will need leveling kit asap. brand new 285 bfg at 10 ply. completely stock. im considering it but hes ask 28k for it with the plow. still seems a little highly priced to me. but i think i will try to talk him down some.

5. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

yea thats kinda high. you should be able to find a classic 06 or 07 with under 50k miles for around 28-30k.

6. Bigcat99

Bigcat99 Senior Member

what does it book at now that you've figured out it has 142K on it... since you didn't specify package in your OP?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  7. 09dieselguy

the truck is loaded minus leather. i booked it with 144k cause its is driver.

SNO COMMANDER
    your right i could find a truck all day long for that price. but this truck includes a new 9.2 vxt that was just installed 2 weeks ago. that works out for me cause thats what i was after anyways and would install on any truck i find.

the truck is clean inside and out. very nice truck. completely stock which is the way i like to find them. ill add the power adders i feel fit once i get into them

here is the nada link that i used for booking price on the truck.

http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2006...on-V8/Extended-Cab-SLT-4WD/Standard-Equipment

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011