1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What's it called

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by IPLOWSNO, Mar 23, 2014.

1. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

The last place I worked had a skid steer pusher that when you tilted it forward it would back drag as good as it would push!!

Anyone know the name of it or who makes them?

The guys where I work now backdrag a protech, I see that thing fall off on a regular basis, they do the same with the loaders and wonder why the rubbers are crap!!

They always preach plow like a pro and then I see them do that!!!

I want to tell the know it all foreman to use the right tool for the job!!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  2. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

Wouldn't it be called a back drag blade or edge?

Are you referring to a edge on the top of the pusher box, so when you tip the whole pusher box forward 90* the pusher box will work in reverse?

3. dieselboy01

Like this one?
    [​IMG]

4. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

I've seen a bunch of pushers with an edge on the top. I've seen ScoopDoggs with them, Avalanches, the list goes on and on.

5. Emmanuel

Emmanuel Member

I prefer a bucket mount pusher. No chains. You won't be able to backdrag loading docks with a 14'-20' box.

6. IPLOWSNO

Yea that's what it is,

Yea the box is mounted on the arms but he's always fixing it, they don't hire operators they hire bodies for cheap,

Back dragging with a pusher is just stupid to begin with!! It's called a pusher not a puller for a reason!

He does a lot of stupid stuff getting stuck in the pike he just pulled out!!

Instead of going the couple extra feet to put a pile in my path he leaves it where I've already been before because he can't keep up!
    Leaving piles where I have to maneuver a 20' blade to get too it!

Some nights yea wonder why he's even there lol

The boss says they have all the right equipment, I'm showing him he doesn't lol

7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like you've got all the answers but can't even google a pull back kit for a box? :dizzy:

8. IPLOWSNO

Sounds like your a jerk! I did better than google I asked the pros!!

9. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I was just making a statement. More then once you've shared how you get the biggest loader, can do the most work, don't need help from anyone else, have more snow plowed then anyone else can dream about, etc but when it comes down to knowing the equipment and what's available then there's a big blank spot it seems.

Asking isn't a bad thing, it's always good to gain knowledge. However bashing your boss and his equipment then asking on here how you make a push box back drag doesn't make you look like to good of a person.

10. IPLOWSNO

There must be a reason I got the biggest loader don't you think?

Yup I live where we get tons of snow!! Too bad if I post what I've done it's simple you obviously know my name scan past it, don't open anything with my name on it etc!!

I'm trying too show a guy who has all the equipment to actually get something that works!

Call it bashing who cares, he's just getting by using junk that's been around awhile!!
    There's guys on here that actually buy new equipment for snow removal!

How would you talk about a guy who has a guy move up too night foreman, promise him a raise, go 2 months without a raise! And when he asks again what about my raise they let him go!!!
    I told the guy when he told me how good they were too work for , that if he didn't already give it to him he wasn't getting it!!

But like I said if you don't care for what I said, don't read it and sure as hell don't reply!!

I got the answers I needed and I've never asked you once!

11. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Wow, who peed in your cheerios?

tantrum.gif

You should relax a little more. Keep this up and we will be reading about you on the news.

tantrum.gif

12. snocrete

snocrete Banned

compensators.jpg

13. snocrete

snocrete Banned

LOL!!

I'd think guys would be starting to relax a little, now that winters coming to an end?

14. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

If life is so bad with your employer why don't you quit?

I mean, a snow god like you must have other job offers.

humm maybe someone should give your boss a heads up....

15. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I like all the punctuation he uses!!

The proper spacing? Don't you think its just Devine?
    I do!!

Lighten up Francis!!

16. dieselboy01

Snocrete, what is that a picture of?

It looks like a bunch of broken sockets.

17. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Flash suppressors :gunsfiring:

18. dieselboy01

Ah ya I can see that now. :drinkup:

19. OldSchoolPSD

OldSchoolPSD Senior Member

ah DURRRR:laughing:

20. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

There's ways about getting respect from your Boss and acting like a know it all isn't one of them. I love guys that can plow more snow then I can.