1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What's in a shop?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by D&Dhaul, Apr 1, 2014.

1. D&Dhaul

D&Dhaul Junior Member

New to site, been plowing for years building shop in May curious as to must haves. Shop size is 40x64x16 I know it's not big enough but that's the budget. Will have one 12000 lb lift and maybe a 7000 lb lift and a wash bay. Let's hear what else
  2. TPCLandscaping

TPCLandscaping Senior Member

how big do you want? my shop is 60x60… i just started renting it in july and i love being able to back both trucks in and keep them ready for the storm. Wash bay is crucial to remove salt and grime. Im lacking a lift in my shop. I only use one side as the other side doesn't have a drive in door.
    How many trucks do you have?
  3. B-2 Lawncare

B-2 Lawncare Senior Member

One of things that I would do is build a compressor shack on the out side of the shop so you don't have to listen to it run.
  4. D&Dhaul

D&Dhaul Junior Member

I am running four plow trucks now and adding two more for next season. Compressor will be on upper level inside a insulated room with outside ventilation with air driers inline
  5. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

Tools,Work Benches, Storage, More Storage,Hot Water Heater, Floor drains if possible..Nice to wash trucks inside in the winter...
  6. B-2 Lawncare

B-2 Lawncare Senior Member

Oh OK well good.
  7. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Bathroom. :drinkup:
  8. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

With vent to the outside !!!!:dizzy:

& sleeping area with shower :sleeping:
  9. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

A fridge to keep the beer cold Thumbs Up
  10. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Wow you are cramming a lot in that space. I have the same size shop. I would think the lifts really cut into the space. I recommend a lot of air line outlets and floor drains. And good lighting. I have pallet racking in one corner which helps.
  11. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

I also have a radiant tube heater which is very efficient. An exhaust fan is a must too.
  12. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Beat me to it...:laughing::drinkup: