1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whats everones set up?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ultimate plow, Jul 2, 2002.

1. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

i was wondering what everyones snowplow set up was?
    how big are you, hude, medium, small?
    we have in service are the following:
    1 ford f-350 dump truck,fisher plow,fisher salter,edge lightbar,
    rear oval strobes on each end of the dump bed.

1 ford f-450, same as above but f-450 dump truck,

4 ford f-250's, 2 2001's, and 2 1995's, 2 with western plows and tail gait salters. the other 2 with fisher plows and fisher tail gail spreaders. all set up with a back-rack, a mini lightbar, 2 rear faching round par 36 work lights, and a pair of snowplow lights bolted to the back-rack facing to the front.

1 case bob-cat with a western uni-mount 9ft plow that does great in the winter.

let me know what you all have set up on your trucks.
    stay safe
  2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I was told by someone who lives near Chicago that if its not red then people won't plow with it. Good to see a real plow in Illinois. LOL. Sounds like you have a nice fleet.

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I'm primarily running a 93 F150 with a 7&1/2' Fisher Minute Mount
    I also have a 92 S10 Blazer with a 6' Meyer and a 88 Bronco II with a 6' Meyer. The Bronco was totaled 2-2001 and I am still waiting to settle with Allstate (they really s**k!). I have a small lawn tractor with a blade but I have not found much use for it. I have been in it since 96. I contract out to the Airport plus I have a steady customer base and I get stopped to do 1 time people who don't want to commit. We don't get alot of snow in Staten Island so this is about as big as I need to be. I have a enough driveway to warrant my own plow so it doesn't matter. I made $0 for the 01-02 season. I wanted to buy the Mrs a new Explorer, sell the S10 and relegate her 97 Grand Cherokee to the back up truck but I found out putting a plow on the GC is a resounding NO!