1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats better western v plow vs wideout

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by snowish10, Nov 17, 2013.

?

Whats better mvp/mvp3 vs wideout

1. mvp/mvp3

9 vote(s)
    29.0%
  2. wideout

22 vote(s)
    71.0%
  1. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

Looking for both the good and bad of the western mvp/mvp3 vs wideout in big commercial parking lots???

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  2. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

If you are staying in big open lots the wideout will out shine the MVP. If you get much heavy drifting then the MVP will be a life saver breaking through them. I live in the country and we get big drifts about every snow, so a wideout would be helpless out here.

3. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

Rarely do I get big drifts. Im looking to bid on about a 4 acre lot next season. My 8' pro plus will not cut it.

4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I have a 8'6" MVP, a 9'6" MVP and a Wideout. The plow that moves the most snow is the 9'6" MVP when it's equipped with wings. If you don't want the pain of taking the wings on and off then a Wideout is the way to go.

5. bredenlawncare

bredenlawncare Junior Member
    from Decatur

I think a V with wings is the best way to go

6. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Depends on your application. As stated, v-plows for breaking through deep or packed. Long straight for clearing large areas.

7. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Get both plows and you will be set for any type of storm.

8. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

V plows in the scoop position can also break up snow banks easier when you're trying to push them back; stack real nice too.

9. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

I'll take the wide out every time.

10. k&j Landscaping

k&j Landscaping Senior Member

Wideout cannot beat the length in scoop mode. No trail off.

11. PhilFromErie

PhilFromErie Senior Member

Yea, a V can stack higher and break through drifts better, but we stack with a loader and don't plow back country driveways. In a parking lot you can't beat a wideout.