1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whats better for a ford

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by westernboy16, Nov 30, 2005.

1. westernboy16

westernboy16 Senior Member

whats better for a ford f 350 with diesel the 7.3 SRW also a crew cab 1996-2000 would a blade or v be better i would like a fisher, western or boss.
    thanx

2. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

hey have you seen the blizzard with the wings that pretty cool man, but id go with an 8 footer v or stright if not the blizzard but thats me...

3. MisterIceMan

MisterIceMan Junior Member

it probably depends on what kind of plowing you'll be doing..i would stay away from a v blade..unless you have a municipality or state contract..

4. westernboy16

whats better

in will probably do most residental but some commercial

5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Is the truck a dually or single??:confused:

6. westernboy16

whats better

it is a single

7. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

If you are doing mostly residential then I would go no bigger than an 8' straight or v blade . I have some residential accounts where it's a pain to get in and maneuver around with my 7'6 Boss blade. I think an 8' straight blade would benefit you the best because it's small enough to do residential driveways but yet wide enough to parking lots. As far as brand goes, every plow has good and bad points.