1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats better a western pro plow or pro-plus plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by snowish10, Jul 14, 2012.

1. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

Im looking to buy a western ultra mount plow, I would like to know the pros and cons on the pro plow and pro-plus plow.

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

You can add the Western wings to the pro plus. They are a huge advantage if you are doing large areas. It is also a little heavier and back drags better.

3. snowish10

The thing is I would not be using wings. So that what I don't know if its worth it.

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

What type of plowing will you be doing?

5. snowish10

Commerical parking lots, of many different sizes. But I get paid hourly.

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Well if you thinking you might go out on your own I would get a pro plus. It's built stronger and is heavier.

If your just looking for a plow to work only by the hour the pro is lighter and will be easier on your truck.

The mount, motor, pump and controller are both the same, the only difference is the construction of the plow.

7. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

I think cet is close with his statements-

Only thing I think he may be mistaken on is that the A Frame, Blade and the framework for the blade are beefier on the Pro-Plus models, they have a much larger round tubular portion, the Pro line has a smaller square tube frame. I'm pretty sure the truck side, wiring, pump etc are identical.

8. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

The pro plus is alot heavier duty then the pro plow it also has 4 springs and 2 shocks on it. It is well worth the extra money to get a commercial plow to plow commercially.......

9. snowish10

Thanks for the help, I bought a 2008 western pro-plus, hardly used.

photo (4).jpg

10. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Great choice.......