1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whats an e 57

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by dirtmandan2, Feb 23, 2008.

1. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

ive never seen an e 57... what is the difference between that and an e 47... i see that the motor is the same as an e 60... is it just a different pump and motor? if so, is it fast like the e 60 and can i convert my e 47's?
  2. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

It should work the same speed or faster than an e-60.... I am no expert but i believe the E-57 is the same pump from a 47 (a little newer and improved version) and a motor from an e-60... As far as converting? You should be able to just remove your e-47's and bolt on a E-57 no problem, I dont know if you can take a 47 and put a 60 motor on it...
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The E57's are basically just an E47 with a bigger gear pump and the same motor as an E58/E60/E78.

You can remove the pump and motor from the side of your E47 and bolt the E57 gear pump and E57/E58/E60/E78 motor right on with no other changes.

Will make it as quick as an E58/E60/E78.

Be forewarned though the E57 gear pumps are a bit pricey... and more so since Meyer discontinued the E57 series power units a while back.