1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats an 07 8.5 SS Xtreme worth?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ajordan193, Sep 17, 2009.

1. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

Looking to see what a 2007 8.5 SS Xtreme V is worth. Plow is in good shape and includes all wiring mount and controls.

Thanks

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Exactly what some one will pay for it LOL.

I'm thinking maybe 4000

3. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

4. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

Sorry but I am looking at buying a used one.

5. MidcoastMainiac

MidcoastMainiac Member

$2500-$3000 in the Midcoast Maine area. I am about 15 miles from Fisher Manufacturing. Beware though, alot of guys I know that run that plow have been having issues with the center pin breaking. One guy I know had to have the whole a-frame forward replaced. I wish I could say that this was an issolated event, but I know of atleast 4 plows that has had this problem. 4 different owners.

6. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Any idea on the time frame or serial number ranges for the bad center pins? I heard about a warranty replacement for them.

7. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

Thanks for the info guys

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The latest hardened center pin is like 20 bucks. I've been told it's a 20 minute job to change it.

9. MidcoastMainiac

MidcoastMainiac Member

Been changed twice on one plow now and three times(once with new wings) on another in 2 years. As far as I can tell, they started having problems with the first Xtreme V and haven't fixed the problem yet. People that I know that weld up the fishers haven't seen any real changes since they came out. The bushings that the pin goes into also is becoming oblonged hence the new wings under warrenty.

Just observations of guys I know that plow 40-75 driveways each.

10. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Not trying to start any back and forth thing, Guess we just have been lucky with our 8.5.. It was the first year model, and I've been watching all the spots people have been reporting problems and seen nothing all commerical / factory plowing. Going to give the center pin/bushings a good look over when we finally take the plow and check it over for the upcoming season.

Myself I heard the center pin was more on the later made 08 models. We've purchased an early 2009 made 7.5. That why I'm wondering when the center pin problems that I was told about being changed under warranty came around.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  11. MidcoastMainiac

MidcoastMainiac Member

Not trying to bash or argue. I just wanted to let Ajorden193 know that there is a potential problem with these V plows. I haven't heard about the straight blades as I don't know anyone running one. One guy I know showed me what was happening by lifting his blade in straight mode then went and just lifted on the very end while we watched the hinge. There was close to an inch play in the hinge. He needed new wings, hinge pin, and cutting edge. All under warrenty for the second time he said. Not sure if you buy a V plow with these problems second hand if the plow would be under warrenty. I know that the cutting edges alone are about $250/side Not sure what the wings cost, but can not believe they are all that cheap.

These guys that are running them are now pulling the center pin once/ month and greasing. Not sure if it is working, but shouldn't hurt.

Just to let people know, I have run Fisher plows for the last 20 years(15-50 drives/year) and my last one is a MM1 V-plow that has been very very good to me. I am putting it on a 4th truck that will have about 15 drives this year. I am going with a new Diamond super-V2 for my new truck because of the problems Fisher V's are having.

12. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

It was sometime early last year the new pin was introduced, I'm pretty sure. I bought my plow fall 07, Pounded the snot out of it for two seasons. It was March this year when my pin finally broke. Drivers side wing was worn enough to get one under warranty. I'm not terribly worried about it. Just going to carry a spare pin. I do want to figure out a way to effectively grease that hinge though. If you compare Boss, Fisher, Meyer - the Boss hinge is mulch better, by far. It's too bad, Fisher had a nice hinge setup on the EZ-V, but was "forced" to use the Western design. I need to inquire about getting a piece of stainless center drilled. Then I could put a zerk fitting on the top and grease every storm.

Cutting edge KIT for the XV is about $300. That's both sides, both formed center pieces, and new bolts.

13. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

It appears to me these v blades are mulch better than a straight blade. How mulch you can do with them amazes me. But, I wouldnt want to pay to mulch

14. fourthcoastcont

fourthcoastcont Junior Member

I have broke the center pin and one side of my cutting edge on my 9.5 ss extrme. both covered under warranty after i called Fisher and asked. Great plow though, I would never go back to a straight blade

15. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

No comments from BigCummingsDave yet?