1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whats a u edge

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CARDOCTOR, Dec 28, 2002.

1. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

first time i heard of a u-edge what is it ,what are the advantages

where can i buy one

cardoctor:confused: :confused: :confused:

2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

www.articgroomer.com
    call me at 860-608-1842 and I will happy to help you find a dealer
    do a search, this has been discussed several times, and some here dont like when I restate all the good things about the u edges over and over again
    Dino

3. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

And over and over and over and over again,give it a break man,i'm sure they are wonderfull,if god had a snowplow i'm sure he would contact you to find his nearest dealer:D ,sorry,just kiddin i think i am getting ready to give one a try,if i only knew who to contact:waving:

4. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Do some urethane edge comes in black color?

5. SnoJob67

SnoJob67 Senior Member

The jury is still out on the urethane edges in my book. I can say they seem to be holding up ok on my RCS pushers, but the one I have for my ATV seems to be wearing way too fast. I'll keep an eye on it and keep everyone updated.

6. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

i think im buying rubber, much cheaper:cool: and i too dont know where to get urethane so fug it.:drinkup:

7. KLMlawn

KLMlawn Member

Yes, actually, I believe they do ... I think Pleiger makes them in black. If not them, then you might look to Advanced Urethane Solutions, that may be the one I am thinking of ... don't rememeber right now ....

MTP, CUE, and Falline all make the standard yellow and also red and blue ... depending on the wear resitant properties and blends of elastopolymers they incoperate into the product if I am not mistaken. Basically I think the color (code) is an industry standard for the wear resitance and application. Yellow is the least wear resistant ... good for your average plower (slow speed), red would be for higher speed (muni's), blue I think is the toughest and would be for say a Cat 966 scraping away gravel all day long or for a very heavy State plow truck running at 40+ MPH.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2002
  8. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

You can see how one of our U edges is mounted on a Sno Way in this pic. On the front side, there is less than an inch of urethane exposed. I get the best of both edges like this (thanks BRL) on the thicker hardpack, the steel makes contact with it, in open uncompacted areas, the U makes contact. There is just enough U exposed for the plow to go right over manholes, trench drains and the like. Even with the downpressure on.

~Chuck

u-edge1.jpg

9. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Hey Chuck,
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Plus there is more overhang in the back, so there wasn't much choice without getting a different "washer". Glad to hear my theory is happening with real world use.