1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What's a Pump Saver?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BillM2, Dec 29, 2010.

1. BillM2

BillM2 Junior Member

I have a belt driven older pump for my Minute Mount system and I was told the pump has something on it called a Pump Saver. What is it?

This pump is Fisher part #A2311.

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i think its a pully that will spin with out the pump working when u are not plowing

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

fisher pump mate is the exact unit.

when you need plow use in winter you put in the 1/4 bolt to lock the pully to the drive sleave.

then in the summer instead of takin off the belt or runnin the pump all the time you pull the 1/4 bolt out. this lets the pully free spin on the bearing thats in the middle of the whole unit.

thay are nice to have if you still run old fisher belt drive stuff.

i have one my self. but i think my pump is getting week so i found a smokin deal on ebay last year for a brand new fisher hydro pump with the electric clutch head style and a remote resivor for it. gona swap them on some time soon. then all i have to do is flip the switch when i want hydro use of the plow.

4. BillM2

BillM2 Junior Member

Thanks, yep, found it. With mine, it's an allen wrench bolt that when you loosen, the pulley turns, not the pump itself. Simple design and seems to save some time when pump is not needed.

Now looking for pictures of under hood installations of Fisher hydro pump in a Ford F150 around 1994. Been searching the archives and can't locate one.

5. sweetk30

ya i dont like fishers new web setup.

the old one had ALL the old parts break downs and direction on there super easy to find.

6. tractorbill

tractorbill Member

which engine does your 150 have?

7. John Murphy

John Murphy Senior Member

On the top of the page click on Parts & Service. Then, in the middle of the page, click on the block titled Service Publication Library. From there, the new site is exactly the same as the old site. It has not changed at all and includes almost all of the old belt-drive legacy stuff.

Additionally, you can also quickly and easily navigate the online, interactive parts posters by clicking on Parts & Service at the top of the page. Then click on the Parts Posters button. This is primarily for the Minute Mount/Minute Mount 2 stuff. Much of the old belt drive stuff is not included here.

8. sweetk30

cool hadnt had much time to play with it yet. will try sometime soon. Thumbs Up

9. BillM2

BillM2 Junior Member

I've got the 5.0 with no A/C. Still looking for a picture of an install and or position where the hydro pump goes.

Thanks for the input so far!

10. John Murphy

John Murphy Senior Member

11. BillM2

BillM2 Junior Member

Thanks John! The hydro pump bracket attaches to the power steering pump somehow. A picture speaks a thousand words. These instructions will be of help.

Also I've noticed that these instructions call for a 47" belt where a different parts diagram for the pump calls for a 55" belt. That's no concern really and can find the proper length once installed.