1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats a Mintue mount headgear worth ?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by cclandscape 28, Sep 22, 2009.

1. cclandscape 28

cclandscape 28 Member
    from CT

I have a fisher minute mount head gear with working lights and working hydraulic. I have taken the blade off to use on my speed caster setup. Whats the head gear worth ? And is it a pain to convert the old style lights on the speed caster too the newer style lights ?

2. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

If everything works and is in good condition, i'd say around $1000 because you can pick up an old blade for like $150

3. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

If u got a good deal on it.I'd put the blade back on it and resell it for 1000,00 plus if its decentThen go buy a speed caster blade for less than 300.00.The reason I say do it this way.Is that a lot of the older speed casters wont fit the MM's,I've been told the pin holes don't always line up.Some do though.How u can tell I don't know

4. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

1000? Umm I think you jump a bit too soon here. keep in mind he said old MM1 which means it could be a pump driven unit not a eletric Hydrolic. Considering he uses it on a speed cast.. Also you can find rotted out MM1 for about 500 all over the place. So a head gear with out pistons or anything. $150 maybe. He did leave out alot of info. But a old gear isnt worth that much

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  5. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Thats true, if it doesn't have the pump and motor on it, its definitly not worth that much. But if it does I can definitly see him taking in atelast $900

6. cclandscape 28

cclandscape 28 Member
    from CT

Hey thanks guys for the input. Yea i do have the pump and controls with the unit. Just weighing my options , with the rest of the plow parts

7. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

Does the pump go under the hood or out on the headgear

8. cclandscape 28

cclandscape 28 Member
    from CT

its an under the hood its got the fish stick pump resivor all cables etc just bought it for the plow blade.

9. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

Then In just my opinion u did the right thing by takiung the blade.If the heafd gears sttraight and the jack legs good.U could get around 200 and up if its for a 8 ftr

10. cclandscape 28

cclandscape 28 Member
    from CT

Yea The Head gear is in really good shape orginal paint and minor surface rust was stored indors When not being used . soo i was Thinking arnd that 200 mark trying craigslist tommororw