1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What's a goog Light weight one man snowblower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Polka town, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Polka town

Polka town Junior Member

Looking to buy a light weight snowblower that one man can take out of the back of a pick up truck and is still be powerful enough to do sidewalks.
    A commercial grade, that will hold up to heavy use, and can still blow an occasional 6" of snow, but mostly 1"-3" range.
    Also what to look for as far as wear and tear, if I were to find a used one.

2. Acutabovesiny

Acutabovesiny Member

20" Toro CCR 3650 GTS Snow Thrower. These are great.

3. The Plow King

The Plow King Junior Member

I'll second the Toro 3650.

4. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

if its single stage ur looking for slop in the roller and wear on the rubber on the paddel and shoes. 2 stage ur looking for gear boxes that r junk and front transfers that go bad usally weigh to much thou. and i agree with the toro

5. Polka town

Polka town Junior Member

Are these 2 stroke engines? And what can I expect to pay for one new?
    Thanks for your help.

6. bizmarkdroops

bizmarkdroops Junior Member

thrower

toro 38583 power clear 221r $599.99

7. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Toro 3650, about $580-600 new on ebay, $700 at the local dealer after sales tax

8. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Toro's are good. But you may also want to check out the Ariens 522 or 722 series. They are nice. I own each, and have used toro's. I like both brands. Ariens are a bit cheaper, but just thought that I'd tell you about them. They are just as durable as the Toros. Good luck to you.

9. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

These are 2-smokers. Light and work nice. I have a few Toro, but have heard good things about the Ariens.

10. Duracutter

Duracutter Senior Member
    from Canada

Hey, I've got 6 toros and 2 ariens and 2 mtd's from Home Depot.

The ariens don't even come close to being as versatile as the toros.

Cold affects the ariens faster and then they don't work, they won't work in slushy conditions like the toros, they weigh more, are bigger physically but don't remove wider...

Get my point. The ariens don't get used much, they play back up to the toros.
    Heck, the mtds work way better than the ariens, problem is the rubber is limited and wears out fast.

PHEW... anyways, ARIENS = crap compared to TORO's

:D

11. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

Anybody run the honda single stage?
    It's a 4 stroke, but it's the same basic size/weight as the other smaller 2 strokes?

12. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Toro CCR 3650 GTS with no second thoughts. Have had mine a few years now and abused it really bad. It has fallen out of the truck on several occasions, never at highway speed though. Usally it sits in the back of the truck in the salter. For this year it still runs good although I think it is time to retire the blower(using it for backup). I'd think the electric start version may be in the cards. For the first startup of the year, somtimes can be tricky.

DAFF

13. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

I second the toro, they start up everytime.

If yours doesn't start first of the year clean the carbs. Remember it's a 2 stroke and prone to gumming up the carbs when sitting

I wish they would make the electric start 12v though and plug into the cigg lighter

14. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

I need to buy 2 new machines this year would you guys say the toro is the best?? they will be used alot for alot of walks and what not and for slush and all

15. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Just get a decent power inverter to plug it into.

16. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

The Toro 620. I find em used in good condition for $100 or less and keep a couple around. I find em on Craigslist, start awesome, pretty light-maybe 40lbs, clear well and can move several inches if they have to. I only use them for sidewalks though, and little areas in tight drives that I cant get to with truck. Nothing too major. I will keep buying these as long as I can find them.

17. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

I think your getting everyones top pick but ill just say it again 20" Toro. One man in and oout of your truck. Starts up everytime, and makes pretty good time even when considering the small size.wesport:waving:

18. GMSNOW

GMSNOW Member

Definitely the Toro 3650. I bought a cheaper one (about $200 less) with less horse power and I threw it away after 1 season. It was lighter by about 20 lbs but it could really only handle 2-3 inches of fluffy small.

Get the Toro 3650 - it is still light enoungh - starts well and can handle the deaper snow falls and the wet heavier too.

GMSNOW