1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats a good tailgate spreader?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by bigearl, Dec 1, 2007.

1. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

I have a buyers (3 years old ) and I think the elec motor is shi%^ing the bed. It spins but it squeals awful. Any Suggestions. I think i'm going to have to get a new one (spreader) this is the 2nd motor I've gone through. Thanks BIG EARL

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I have always like snowex tailgate spreaders. You can find them at a good price and they seem to do ok.

Regards Mike

3. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

Snowex has many great models to choose from.
    I have 3 1875 sandpro's , they have the swing away from the bed and most importantly, the vibrator for most wet material including sand.
    the motor and trans on it is encased and secure from any contaminates.

4. traviswalker007

traviswalker007 Senior Member

i have an older buyers spreader, it made a squelling noise beacuse the shaft was rubbing against the aluminum ring at the bottof of spreader. 2 motors later i found the problem,,,

5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Since your asking...............................

Sno-Way Receiver Spreaders

Sno-Way Receiver Spreaders offer maximum value for every type of user. Designed with super sidewall geometry, material is literally sucked into the spinner section. We incorporate indestructible hoppers, adjustable deflectors, full shut off gates, and much more to ensure your receiver spreader will work for every job and fit every budget.
    Standard Features:

* 4, 6 or 9 Cu. Ft. Capacity
    * Easy on and off
    * Superior Spread Pattern
    * Standard Chunk-Buster System
    * Economical Investment

Construction:

* Frame: tough combination tube plate design
    * Drive: simple, easy maintenance belt drive system
    * Finish: Electo-static Powder
    * Hopper: durable weather resistant polyethylene
    * Lid: form fitting lid
    * Heavy Duty 10 gauge wire and weatherproof connectors
    * 40 amp independent circuit breaker for protection
    * Easy on and off
    * Self-standing for easy storage

Standard Chunk Buster System 6 & 9 Foot Adjustable Flow Gate Paddles
    Crushes salt clusters more efficiently than an auger system with less amp draw. The flow gate paddles can be moved to adjust the salt flow and the spread pattern. The 4 cu. ft. reciever spreader features a fully sealed motor, adjustable flow paddle, roller wheels and dual flip-up hopper lids.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2007