1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What's a Good Rate

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dannyc33, Sep 19, 2004.

1. dannyc33

dannyc33 Member

This will be my first year plowing and would like to get some ideas on what would be a good hourly rate to charge in general for plowing only.

I've checked some past post and seen rates from $75/hr to $200/hr. I don't want to be the lowballer that everyone hates because I take there buisness or end up bidding way too high also.

I figure that rates may be a little different by region sI'll let you know I'm in Indianapolis, and un fortunatly we really don't get any big storms or lake effect sonow just to give you some idea. I was thinks about maybe $100-$150/hr what do you guys think.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
  2. rainair

rainair Senior Member

new in ind.

I would look into the indy-plowers.com
  3. dannyc33

dannyc33 Member

thanks rainair, can anyone else help me out too? :)
  4. Q-Team Inc

Q-Team Inc Member

Here in Maine there are a lot of guys plowing. I think what you will find is that you will end up with crap driveways at first then maybe some association or camps roads. The first year you take what you can get then weed out the bad ones. There will always be Joe Smo construction company out there bidding real cheap.
    This year we are dropping a bunch of res. and trying for more small roads and commercial. The residential seemed to put us behind and we really weren't making what we should
    We have been getting a minimum of $120 per hour per truck. I think this year we are shotting for $150-175. You may get lucky and get 7 or 8 small driveways near each other and bang them out in 1 hour for $25 bucks each and make $200.00. We seem to get a lot of these. As you get more experience with plowing you will figure out what your market can bear. We just picked out a tar/dirt camp road 1 mile long and got it for a little under 4k for the season. Thats what they were paying for the last guy that went out of business. You will learn along the way what others are charging and will see if its in line with what you charge.

Hope this helps.
  5. dannyc33

dannyc33 Member

Thanks alot, that really helps! :bluebounc