1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats a good price on this?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by srl28, Jan 3, 2012.

1. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Thinking about trading in or selling my personal/work truck. I bought it used at a local dealer. Hate plowing with the crewcab and recently had to replace an injector- $1,000.00 job. I'm sure troubles are just beginning so I'm looking to bail before that. Specs are as follows

2007 F-250 crew cab, short bed 4x4 with the Fx4 package
    6.0 diesel auto trans. All original (except that 1 new injector lol) 110k miles
    Black, very clean inside and out, no rust and 1 or 2 very small shopping cart dents. Chrome package and Lariat interior package (leather seats, heated and power seats mirrors, etc)
    Towing package, 8ft boss plow 2 yrs old, hard tonneau cover, etc

What would you ask for it? What can I expect to trade it in for?

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i would say $15000 for trade in and $18500 for private sale $1000 to change a injector is steep

3. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Thats what I thought! I was in a pinch to get it fixed and didnt want to keep running the truck the way it was so I took it to our regular truck mechanic. Part was $340.00, my bills total was $969.00. Thats 629 in shop fees and labor!!!

4. Where are you at and could you put up some pics. That is the truck am looming for.

5. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Honestly I'm not convinced I'm selling it just yet, maybe towards the end of the winter. Looking for a price I can expect to get for the truck at this point really. I can get some pictures though

6. drp

drp Senior Member
    from ontario

$3000 for 8 inj, $200 8 glow plugs total bill $4500 installed with taxes. instal and diagnostics about $780.

7. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Seeing your from Ontario, are those Canadian Prices? Damn I got a sh$# deal.

8. drp

drp Senior Member
    from ontario

yes Canadian $

9. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Spot on.

My buddy is being offered $12k for an 05 F250 Ext Cab "Sport" with leather and 90k miles. Of course they'll sell your truck for $25000 and his for about $20k

10. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Ain't that the truth!!