1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what's a good price for a new Fisher HD 8.5 ft ?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Fords&Fishers, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Fords&Fishers

Fords&Fishers Junior Member

I am shopping for a new F350 and will be puting a 8.5 Fisher straight blade on it. How much should I figure on paying?

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

for a complete setup new $5500 used $2500 to $4000 deping on condition

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

For $5500 you can get a fisher xls plow delivered to your door. I would say $4500 would be a good price for that plow.

4. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Why on earth would you put a straight blade on your new F350..? Unless it's strictly for your own personal use, get an Xtreme V. No, scratch that. Get an Xtreme V.

5. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Straight blades are cheaper and simpler, less moving parts, lighter. I could go on and on.

6. Buswell Forest

from NH

Crank up windows are cheaper, simpler, lighter, and have less moving parts...but does your truck have power windows?

7. 2006Sierra1500

Depends on your point of view

8. Buswell Forest

from NH

I edited while you were posting, sorry.

9. Fords&Fishers

Fords&Fishers Junior Member

I have always had Fisher straight blades and I have always been satisfied with them. I am stepping up from a 8ft to a 8.5 I dont really see the need to spend more for a extreme V.I do like the looks of a straight X blade but not sure if its made in 8.5 ft. More $ too.

10. 2006Sierra1500

They stopped making the X-Blade in 7.5 and 8.5, can't get a yellow one either. Stainless 8' or stainless 9'

11. Buswell Forest

from NH

The cost difference is more than made up for by the usefulness. You should at least demo one. The dealer should be able to make that happen.
    One seldom regrets buying the better equipment.

12. Buswell Forest

from NH

I called just to check.

$5193 installed for the 8.5 XV, $5072 installed for the 8.5 strait blade @ Dieselworks in Conway NH.

13. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

When I was looking, I was quoted, from a dealer in MA, 5000 installed for a Fisher HD with no cutting edge. I then checked with a dealer in NH, and, i lost the original email, but I am pretty sure I was quoted the following:

8' HD- $4,600 installed
    8'6" EX-V SS - $5,600 installed
    8'6" EX-V MS- $5,200 installed
    8' SS X-Blade (straight) $5,400 installed

Not sure why the staight blade is 200 bucks more than the V blade....

When I get my truck, i will be using it for mostly my driveway and family and possibly some commercial city plowing. Still unsure as to which blade to go with as I dont want to buy something way overkill for what I need. I am sure a half-ton with a fisher HT or SD would do just as well of a job for my needs.

14. mackclmodel

mackclmodel Senior Member

If you plan on plowing for a municipallity I'd suggest a straight blade. I'm plowing with a v plow this year and it sucks for muni plowing the right wing cant hold when trying to push back curb to curb. You can never keep it straight. It's meant for lots and driveways not heavy street plowing.

15. gonorth16

gonorth16 Junior Member
    from so.nh

$4695 8.6 straight blade Portsmouth NH Ford

16. mackclmodel

Is that install included ???

17. gonorth16

gonorth16 Junior Member
    from so.nh

Yes it was. I picked up a cutting edge there yesterday morning and got the price for the plow installed on my buddys truck.

18. mackclmodel

Thank You Sir. I'll keep them in mind, do you know anyone who bought a plow from Lang's, how was the pricing ? I've heard nothing but good things about them about service and prices. I'd be getting a 9' HD which I assume won't be much higher than a 8.5'

19. mackclmodel

Did you see how cheap a 9' Blizzard is at Portsmouth Ford ? $3,395 installed

20. gonorth16

gonorth16 Junior Member
    from so.nh

Portsmouth was $5195 for the 9'straight.
    I bought my plow from langs . Paul is a great guy and runs a top notch place. Service is great and very fast. The time I was looking to buy, Portsmouth was the cheapest but I went with langs because of thier reputation. Paul did match their price after back and forth emails :). I couldnt be happier with how the install turned out.