1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whats a good number to pay for this plow setup?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by clp94, Jan 30, 2011.

1. clp94

clp94 Member
    from S.E MA

hey guys i found a curtis complete sno pro 3000 on craigslist that is mounted on a parts truck, same generation as mine. he wants 2k for the whole truck, plow and everything. i told him a grand for the complete plow setup because the plow needs a wiring harness. he said no give me your best offer and ill talk to my father and see what he will take for it. the plow is in EXCELLENT condition, then he goes the plow new is 4800 and the harness is 300...i dont know if hes implying he wants 4500 for the plow!?!? f*uckin eh ill just buy the whole truck cheaper than you'll sell me the plow on its own. smh. so what do you guys think is a reasonable number to pay for the plow? ill attatch the ad if you want to see it.

2. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

My Curtis is an older Snow Pro 3000 with the Hitch n run. I paid $1200 for the complete set up.

So you want to know how old that plow is.
    Does the truck side mount fit your truck?
    What is the parts truck, and what is it really worth?

3. clp94

clp94 Member
    from S.E MA

yeah everything will bolt right up, its a 97 f250. to me, a non working truck and plow is worth the weight of scrap metal but he wont take that lol...obviously i wouldnt pay more than 2k for the plow setup alone because i could just buy the entire truck for 2k. remember, this plow needs a harness. i could look at it and get some numbers off it? i know there was a guy on here who could take the numbers and find out what year the plow was made.

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

pay the 2k
    sell the pos truck for scrap and have less in the plow

5. 97f250Heavyduty

97f250Heavyduty Senior Member

Whats wrong with that truck?

I agree, buy both and sell the truck, even though those 97 f250 heavy dutys are nice trucks...

6. clp94

clp94 Member
    from S.E MA

the truck needs ball joints, gas tanks, lines,motor has a lower end knock, needs brakes, excessive frame rot. i think i would keep the rims and tires off of it but other than that i dont think id take much...maybe the bed because mines in rough shape but with excessive frame rot i dont think his will be much cleaner. i plan on taking a look at it during the week ill let you guys know how it goes.

7. bighornjd

bighornjd Senior Member

Junkyards around here would probably give 4-500 for the truck regardless of condition, as long as it is pretty much complete. Just buy the whole thing for 2k and then sell or scrap the truck. or if you have the time and tools, part it out for the decent stuff and scrap the rest.