1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What's a good 6' vbox spreader?????

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Midwest, Nov 29, 2005.

1. I'm working on a deal to get a dodge, but it is a shortbox. I may be in the market for a new 6' spreader. Any recommendations on any?????:salute:
  2. little pat

little pat Member

The Salt Dog from Buyers will work in a shortbed truck. We used one last year and it worked really well. It has 2 electric motors so you don't have to worry about the gas engine and the whole thing weighs about 400 pounds so 2 guys can install and remove it from the back of a truck.
  3. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Too bad you are so far, I wouldn't mind getting rid of my 6' Sno-way. It hasn't been used yet.
  4. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

I have a 6 ft. Snoway stainless Vbox and I use a regular cab 2500HD. It works fine and leaves room for blowers and shovels. Mine is two years old and has stainless brackets with 8 inch boards for added capacity. I possibly would consider selling it if you are looking for one.
  5. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Do you happen to have pics of it?

I was thinking of adding sideboards, how did the offset weight work out in the long bed?
  6. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

The weight is fine.Just make sure you use a decent chain and coupler setup to fasten it.I could get some pics if you are interested in the unit.
  7. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

my friend has a 6' SS electric snoway. He likes it, this will be his second year using it.
  8. Bob Church

Bob Church Member

Omega II SPreader Dual Controller

Check out the Omega II if you want to add power and an automatic auger jam clearing feature to your two stage (spinner and auger) electric spreaders. Imagine, never having to unload your hopper by hand to clear a jammed auger! The price is right too.

Kind regards,

Bob Church
    Karrier Company
    Ph: 800-709-4434