1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats a fair price?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CGLC, Feb 8, 2005.

1. CGLC

CGLC Senior Member

I was wondering what a fair price would be to sell a 1989 2500 chevy 2dr with long box and a six year old western plow on it. The truck was used for asphalt company vehicle until i purchased it, and presently has 200,000 + miles on it. A good number of new parts, break lines, breaks ext.. Some body rust. I have seen trucks go as high as 5700, 4800 but i think thats a little high. Any help would be appreciated. I was thinking around 3000, but plow trucks are have weird resale values.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Try looking it up on Kelly Blue Book:

http://www.cars.com/go/kbb/kbbInput.jsp

and follow the input prompts.

Just me, but I'd probably throw the plow in with it. Six years is quite a bit of wear on a plow. And it would be an inducement for the truck being a "plow truck".

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  3. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I would sell the plow separate.

Depending on how you took care of the truck will depend on how much you get back.