1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whats a descent 24-30" LED lightbar cost?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Im looking for something to be "permanent or semi permanent" over the entire fall/winter seasons and something i can remove if i choose to during the summer months.

One guy on here has the Code 3 Excalibur on his new Dodge and its sweet. Its a clear low profile model. Do you need the rotator type or can you use straight LED type? I see these go upto over $2k in price, ouch. Is it possible to find an LED lightbar low profile type in the $500 range?

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Yes it is possible to find something in that price range. Do a google or yahoo search for led warning lights and there will be pages upon pages of links to click, I will usually go thru lshlights.net or sirennet.com. Or you might try galls.com. I would go with a code mini led x. It is 22 inches long. I have a 4 cornor led bar with 6 up optixs in the cornors and it is plenty bright. Or whelen has some pretty nice led bars too. The mini liberty bar is pretty sweet.
  3. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

thanks.. the whelen site has a msrp pricelist, but it appears they sell everything in parts. whats the liberty bars cost? some are small or have 2-4 lights and others have 8-10 lights, im sure theyre the ones closer to $1,000?

I guess id look for one that had the corner ambers, front/rears and maybe the two rear red brake lights when you hit the brakes they light up bright too?

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

5. Eclipse

Eclipse Senior Member

The best thing going right now on Mini-LED bars is the Whelen Responder. This is a relatively new bar being offered by Whelen. They are offered in two different styles. The less expensive CON3 model is a excellent light for the money and is more than adequate for the needs of a plow truck. The more expensive linear model is nice but expect to pay about $50 more for it depending on the retailer. FWIW - I purchased the Linear model but I am a bit of a lighting "junkie" :) I do not think I would recommend most spend the extra money on it for plowing. However for a first responders vehicle (firefighter/EMT) I would recommend the linear.

An amber magnet mount CON3 style is selling for around $250 depending on where you decide to pick one up.

These are lightyears above the Sho-Me mini LED bars that so many people have been purchasing.

The Mini-LEDX from Code 3 is a nice bar but very spendy. For a plow truck I personally could not justify spending the extra money.