1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats a '97 F350 Powerstroke 4x4 SRW worth?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by snowdays, Mar 26, 2013.

1. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

A friend has a '97 F350 that he bought a while back to re do but is going a different way. It is a 4x4 single rear wheel. It is an XLT so it has all the power options. Miles are in the high 200's. Needs a transmission rebuild. Body is not all that bad. Very minor cab corner rust. It has a utility bed that is rusted pretty badly. It has been an Ohio truck all its life and the miles are highway. The original owner was a contractor that did work all over. He is asking $2500 for it with another transmission. Are these trucks going to continue to go up in value?

2. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

I think most are waaay over priced. I sold mine to another member on here for 6800 and I think he put a bed liner tires and a tool box in and some guy bought it for 11k on ebay. I think people are nuts spending that kind of cash on 15 year old trucks. They rot from the inside out thats all I can tell you.

3. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

That's a fair price to start at. It gives him room to haggle with buyers. Probably $1500-$2000 is fair I'd say on a guess with no pix.

4. sparksrides

sparksrides Senior Member

I think that's a fair price, I have the same truck. mine has super low miles trans is great runs great but the cab is gone (nh truck) I have already put a rust free front clip on it but you can feel the floor move under your feet when ever your not on level ground. the guy i bought it from( paid 7k for it btw) had put a brand new knapphide utility body on it 2 years before i bought it. I plain on pulling the body and replacing the rotted reading on my 99 sd with it. then doing some thing cool with the power train like putting it into a bronco or something like that since it has such low miles.

5. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

the obs powerstrokes have kind of like a cult following - you can't follow kelly blue book for prices.

really nice ones with lower miles are very hard to find. the right buyer will gladly pay $10-15k for one in excellent shape.

based on your limited description and no pics, the $2500 seems reasonable.