1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats a 07~ 8ft Boss SD plow worth?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Ive seen em on ebay this past spring, sell for anywhere from $1,475 to $2,200 and plenty asking 2500ish.

Im looking mainly at very new used 7'6" or 8' super duty straight boss plows.

A guy i know has an 8 footer, used one season, i think its an 06 model, because we did his plowing for them this past 07/08 season and it sat unused.

Springs arnt rusted, even the truck mounting part is nearly perfect. Only corrosion i could find is up under the lights, those threaded bolts are corroded looking. It has some sunlight discoloration on stuff like the wires, pink instead of red but its been in storage for almost 2 years now so it could have happened sitting in front of a boss dealer prior to purchase even?

My local dealer quoted me $3,695 plus nj tax for the whole 8footer. I see them online at boss dealers for $3,350-$3,499 with the new lights.

Hes got the controller and id get the plow of course. I'd still need all mounting frame/hardware/bolts and ALL electrical wire harnesses for it for an 03 F150 pickup. What range do those cost? Ive seen JUST the mounts for $500ish and then people on here have said the wiring could cost $700-900?

Figuring as so, thats $1,200 in parts, plus tax again since it would be new stuff, so what could the plow be worth IF it was brand spankin new, $2,200~? The guy has always been pretty easy going and i hate to low ball people but if its only worth it to pickup in the $1,500 range then thats what ill offer him.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The mount will cost close to $500 new but the wiring isn't that expensive if you already have the controller (it adds much of the cost on the truck side). The complete harness w/ headlight adapters, power cables and solenoid would be around $225-$250 total.

As to plow value, its tough to call. Location and time of the season both play a major factor in their value. But $2000 for the plow itself w/ controller wouldn't be out of line this time of year.

3. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

well its good to know. If i can pick up the wire harness parts for that amount then it should save some money on the plow being bought used. There are/were so many being sold after this slow last 2 seasons, its hard to justify having to buy it new, especially with how many used ones are on the market with little or no use.