1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what'll it take?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by 00 Ram, Nov 2, 2005.

1. 00 Ram

00 Ram Senior Member

I'm looking for a used sno-way for my 2000 dodge ram. want the sno-way because of its light weight. (personal driveway use only).

doesn't seem to be many around, however, there are 7.5 foot plows to be had. but then I'd need to buy the undercarriage for 600 bucks; what else would I need to buy, and roughly what would it cost? are the wiring harnesses and/or light kits unique to each make/model truck?

maybe I should hold out for a complete unit that fits....

2. jggarrettllc

jggarrettllc Junior Member

buy mine

new 7'6" snoway clear lexan (no lights needed) $2300 mount for 2003 ram 1500

3. 00 Ram

00 Ram Senior Member

cool. that was simple.:D

so...when are you bringing it to the boston area?

4. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Not to be the bearer of bad news but the mount for an '03 won't work on a '00, '03 is the newer IFS style trucks so the front end is different.

5. appearanceplus

appearanceplus Junior Member

RE" What'll it take

I have a dodge ram unimount 8 footer which is not much (maybe 30 or 40#) heavier than the 6.8 roughly I was told. I also have down pressure, and a remote joystick that I mount to a (yes....Western control mount). By Blade and undercarriage are brand new, and ialso have a Jeep undercarriage for CHerokee, comanchee,wagoner and others. I have plenty of extras to skid up as well. AGAIN. This is brand new for 3000 obo and I can get freight cheap going east. I would load it on a pallet

6. appearanceplus

appearanceplus Junior Member

I have a BRAND NEW 8 footer for dodge and it comes with a free undercarriage for a Jeep. Yhe 8 footer does not weigh mich more than the smaller one (maybe 30 or 40#) heavier than the smaller one I was told. I also have down pressure, and a remote joystick that I mount to a (yes....Western control mount). By Blade and undercarriage are brand new, and ialso have a Jeep undercarriage for CHerokee, comanchee,wagoner and others. I have plenty of extras to skid up as well. AGAIN. This is brand new for 3000 obo and I can get freight cheap going east. I would load it on a pallet, MY UNIT IS LOADED AND I HAVE ABOUT 5000 into it.. said and done.

7. johnmel

johnmel Junior Member
    from 44111

how much do u want for the jeep undercarriage thanks john

8. turbo38sfi

turbo38sfi Senior Member

There's a dealer in Manchester NH, Pro Image Racing. He's got some of last yrs MT series in Poly with really good pricing. I opted for the 26 cause I change vehicles offten, but the MT in poly was 800 bux cheaper...and no sales tax in NH. Good deal!