1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whata ya think?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by EPPSLLC, Dec 2, 2008.

EPPSLLC Senior Member

asking $1850

is it worth it?

Snow Plow 1.jpg

Snow Plow 3.jpg
  2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

sandblast and paint that guy and you could maybe get 2
  3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

few things first. ditch the worn out rubber flap that looks crapy.

then big wire wheel on grinder to knock off the loose junks.

and then any hardware store with 2-3" wide rollers and rustolium sunrise red paint 1qt will do 2 coats just fine. do the plow up 2 coats. and use some standared black on the edge and aframe stuff. then at the end of it all take new pics and ask 2k or best offer. 2-3 hrs of light work will be much better looking and sell faster.

i cleaned up my old speedcaster fisher blade like this but used sunburst yellow and wow what a diffrence in the overall look of the setup. and then no real snow stuck during plow time.

thats just my opinion do what you want. and good luck.

EPPSLLC Senior Member

ROTFLMAO i guess i should have told you guys i'm looking to buy this and was wondering if it was worth it lol lol but you pretty much just answered my question lol
  5. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

$1200 ...... and I would look for an Ultramount before spending $1850 on that. Ultramounts rock!
  6. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

i dont think id pay $850 for it in that condition.

EPPSLLC Senior Member

hmm maybe i'll go with the cracked myer lol
  8. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

im my order i would choose fisher / western / blizzard. if almost free meyers. just my opinion.
  9. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

It's funny how the tone changes when he went from seller to buyer...I have the exact same set up that I have been thinking about selling. My mold board is even rougher but works.Everything important has been replaced within the last 2 years. New A frame, sector, angel pistons, springs and hardware...all replaced during the big storm we had in March (I spent $1,300. on that repair alone) The headlights, pump, motor and cutting edge have less than 2 years on them. Cleveland may be a bit far, but if interested or anyone else...IM me. serious inq. only please...no tire kickers

$1,200.00 - firm (plow system only) cash and carry no shipping prsport

PS...under carriage is still on the truck so bring torches if you want it:angry:
    I'll probably be also listing the truck: 1997 F350 7.3 powerstroke diesel (needs tranny) a Buyers hopper spreader w/ new motor, 2 sets of plow wings (never installed) and whatever else I can dig up...I just haven't been all that motivated to sell everything since I got my new set up.
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2008